Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You pays your money, you makes your choice.
Can't see why a multi billion pound company would need to see the need to defend itself to some Twitter no marks
In this day and age boss i think social media has gained more consideration of companies. Their image can be irreparably damaged if any movement against them gathers momentum. I do not think that is the case here of course but the value put into communication with customers via social media is high these days.

If you look at the daily mail for some sick reason as i do every now and then they always have a front page piece on some social media issue. Often it is fluff pieces that just gets clicks. Others they can drill home and indeed give more of a platform for some happenings.

Specifically with BT i think their business model is aiming to be fresh and modern with fan interaction high on the agenda to achieving that concensus. For that i look at their fan shows and fan questions being put direct to the pundits. To their credit they do also put forward the hard questions.

Or maybe BT are just responding to what they feel is unfair criticism? I thought they showed it enough times that the FA will have to at least ask for Pawson's comments on the footage.

Maybe it is because when it is one of ours it seems to be on a 24 hour news loop until the player is banned, BT mentioned it enough times but it is also the voracity that they mention it, as sky did for Aguero's elbow, they didn't just report the incident but proclaimed it an act of thuggery, also strange that they then failed to see and say the same when flailing elbows done Zabs, it is this shall we say inconsistency in reporting that pisses people off.

On a separate but similar theme, did you hear if Utd got done for the flare being thrown ?

Last I heard they faced an enquiry but that was 15 days ago and I must have missed the result if one has genuinely been given.

Maybe it is because when it is one of ours it seems to be on a 24 hour news loop until the player is banned, BT mentioned it enough times but it is also the voracity that they mention it, as sky did for Aguero's elbow, they didn't just report the incident but proclaimed it an act of thuggery, also strange that they then failed to see and say the same when flailing elbows done Zabs, it is this shall we say inconsistency in reporting that pisses people off.

On a separate but similar theme, did you hear if Utd got done for the flare being thrown ?

Last I heard they faced an enquiry but that was 15 days ago and I must have missed the result if one has genuinely been given.
Apparently because the rags were dealing with offender ?? " No action deemed necessary " !

That's Sky though, BT don't have a dedicated sports news channel to show any incident on a loop.

I binned sky off a couple of years ago and I really couldn't tell you if BT had or had not a dedicated streaming channel tbh, when our games are on BT I switch it on and then knock it off again afterwards, it costs me a 5 or 10 a month on top of internet but don't really watch a lot of tv nowadays tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.