Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice picture on the BBC website in the article on us signing Laporte showing him being skinned by Suarez

Just how can Conte be blaming US for the money that United paid to Sanchez?

In today's Daily Mail back headline he labels us with United as paying 'Danger Money'. And it is all about the £450,000 a week to Sanchez (which was £600,000 in the same paper yesterday). Which we declined to pay and are not even paying to KDB in his new contract. Which is one of the reasons we declined to match United so as not to destabilise our sensible wage strategy. It is not what we do.

But we and united are 'seriously dangerous for other teams in the league' because of this.

He adds 'we never were in this race for Sanchez ever. Only one or two clubs can pay this type of salary.'

Us again. Yet the same paper has been saying for days we were 'outbid'.

How can we be dangerous because we might have paid but sensibly didn't?

Should not Conte be complaining about United spending loony money and praising us for choosing not to?

If the salaries for all future stars go to this level and Chelsea are unable to cope there is only one team to blame here. Not two.
Haven't Chelsea got a bigger wage bill than us?

Just how can Conte be blaming US for the money that United paid to Sanchez?

In today's Daily Mail back headline he labels us with United as paying 'Danger Money'. And it is all about the £450,000 a week to Sanchez (which was £600,000 in the same paper yesterday). Which we declined to pay and are not even paying to KDB in his new contract. Which is one of the reasons we declined to match United so as not to destabilise our sensible wage strategy. It is not what we do.

But we and united are 'seriously dangerous for other teams in the league' because of this.

He adds 'we never were in this race for Sanchez ever. Only one or two clubs can pay this type of salary.'

Us again. Yet the same paper has been saying for days we were 'outbid'.

How can we be dangerous because we might have paid but sensibly didn't?

Should not Conte be complaining about United spending loony money and praising us for choosing not to?

If the salaries for all future stars go to this level and Chelsea are unable to cope there is only one team to blame here. Not two.

Rule of thumb, If PSG do something outrageous it is clubs "like PSG and Man City". If Utd do something outrageous, it is clubs "like Man Utd and Man City".

This article goes to show that it's not just us that are subjected to this type of nonsense:

Everything is just a race for clicks nowadays. They're motivated solely by revenue, they're not arsed about journalistic integrity or seemingly even their reputation.

He will have to swap that for a Chevrolet. Ha Ha

When the rags were sponsored by Audi I was in the process of buying a Merc (a used one) from Mercedes Macclesfield and I asked the salesman if any footballers came in with Prestbury being just round the corner
The guy wasn't a football fan as he told me that Wayne Brown (obviously meant Wes Brown) had been in recently and had done a deal for two cars and with Audi sponsoring the rags, Mercedes were desperate to get him seen in their vehicles. So Wes got a Merc SL500 for himself and an SLK for his Mum, both at £199 per month

As for the Chevy's, I do believe there's a car park full of them that the rag players refuse to drive

Haven't Chelsea got a bigger wage bill than us?
Yes Chelsea pay higher wages than us and always have done. Just more fake news I'm afraid. What concerns me about these sort of stories is that no one challenges what people like Conte says. Arsene Wenger makes comments about financial doping but his club has even wealthier owners than Abramovich and the sixth highest revenues in world football. Again no one challenges it. Most of our sports media is truly sub-standard.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, if so I apologise, but there is an excellent article in next week's Radio Times by Simon Barnes. Fulsome praise for us and especially KDB.

It didn't mention money or oil once!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.