Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick heads up, if you (very wisely) don’t normally listen to Talksport, just announced they’ve got Martin Samuel on, in this next hour I’m guessing.

edit. Of course they didn’t ask him about City though ;-)

Last edited:
Come on, now this is taking the piss out of City (and Liverpool) fans.

The Daily United Fanzine.

REVEALED: Brexit BLOCK on foreign managers as FA's new rules threaten to change the face of English football... and would have stopped Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Marcelo Bielsa working here​

Last time I looked Norway and Argentina were not in the EU so Brexit would have no impact on them. The FA don't have any legal right to stop people from abroad working in the UK. Still, as they say, don't let the facts ruin a perfectly good story.

Well l was wrong. It was very brief and you had to more awake than l was to catch it fully, but Smug Mike did eventually get round to mentioning City creating a new record of wins. A bit concerned that they said they had been asked to mention it by a desperate sounding pensioner from the South Coast.
More seriously, immediately before the sports there was a touching piece about the fund raising efforts of two boys in Burnley shirts one who has leukaemia and had raised £200k for the cancer ward at Manchester Children's Hospital. Well done to them, their famies and helpers and the BBC for raising awareness for this ward.

We don’t know of course the details of any offer made to KDB, but if we have offered him a deal which is anything less than a big improvement on his current deal at the same time as quite obviously putting several hundred thousand per week to one side on the Off chance that the little poisonous 5-years-past-his-best dwarf decides to lower himself and play for us (if we offer him an obscene amount of money, natch) then Kev has every right to feel seriously pissed off. I wouldn’t blame him. I’d go so far as to say he would have every right to demand a transfer in that scenario.
If I was Raheem too, approaching my prime years, I would demand contract parity with any future newcomers. Ditto Bernardo. Ditto Aguero. Ditto Dias. Ditto LaPorte.
These are players that have turned up and done it already for City. Week in week out, season in season out.

Signing Messi would be a huge mistake. Let the twat go to PSG if he ever leaves BArca. They need a superstar to elevate their club and their league. We don’t.

Sign Haaland for a fraction of the total cost, plus one more striker.

If we feel the need to sign a mega star, lets go for Ronaldo at least. He’s proven in every league he has played in. A legend of the game. THE legend of the modern game.
So Messi is not a legend?

Not sure if it would be wise to bring him here but in terms of the contract you got to look at the duration. Messi would most likely get a two year deal whereas Kev would probably be offered a five year contract.

In such a scenario what exactly is "contract parity" and no matter how valuable a current player is under no circumstances can they be allowed effectively dictate future recruitment policy.

not read back so don't know if already been mentioned

the half time analysis on bt sport was nothing short of a disgrace
they showed swansea 3 half chances(at best) and our goal
if i hadn't of been watching i would of thought we were struggling and lucky to be in front

needless to say didn't bother with full time
lescott looked uncomfortable to say the least

Last time I looked Norway and Argentina were not in the EU so Brexit would have no impact on them. The FA don't have any legal right to stop people from abroad working in the UK. Still, as they say, don't let the facts ruin a perfectly good story.
Not sure where I read this but did see a list of players and managers who would not qualify to manage or play if Brexit had occurred years ago. Bielsa was one of the names on it.
I'm thinking if may have been the Sunday Times a few weeks ago.
I remember that Fabregas was also one if them.

This Kayky lad on the other hand could not have come to us previously but can now come to us when he is 18 because work permit rules have changed for South Americans, again seemingly due to Brexit.
I can't get my head around it

Not sure where I read this but did see a list of players and managers who would not qualify to manage or play if Brexit had occurred years ago. Bielsa was one of the names on it.
I'm thinking if may have been the Sunday Times a few weeks ago.
I remember that Fabregas was also one if them.

This Kayky lad on the other hand could not have come to us previously but can now come to us when he is 18 because work permit rules have changed for South Americans, again seemingly due to Brexit.
I can't get my head around it
The story is in the Daily Mail. It is really nothing to do with Brexit but a change in rules by the FA which would not stand up to a legal challenge in my view. The story is riddled with holes and overblown like most articles in that newspaper. You can be sure that major PL clubs would find a way round it.

Silly Sally will be sweeping aside the tennis, horse racing, taekwondo and inter counties basket weaving on BBC Breakfast tomorrow to lead with telling the world that City have broken the record for the most consecutive wins in all competitions and have reached yet another quarter final. (Not to mention reaching 10 Wembley finals in the last 11 seasons).

Maybe.
"Inter counties basket weaving..... "
I'd pay good money to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.