Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you missed was Jake Humphries look directly at Ferdinand and say “they’re a joy to watch when they play like that.”

Ferdinand, with a face like a slapped arse, replied: “Are you talking to Joleon?”
What really gets my goat with these commentators and pundits, they make no attempt to hide their bias. And I mean that with any club....I wouldn't want someone on there just happy clapping City either. If they are good say why....if they are crap, also say why - and what did the opposition do to make it uncomfortable. Just tell it as it is.

Ferdinand is the worst. His comment the other week, after City thumped WBA 5-0, about Utd going back to the top of the league the next night (the Sheff Utd game) was shockingly unprofessional - and it backfired spectacularly. You just can't say that. I would have thought if you were asked to comment during play or at half time, at least try to apply some objectivity - a laughable statement I know but it would be nice to have.

What we have at the minute is a blinkered, one-sided view of a game, which normally revolves around the performance of the team of the former player (and many have played for a team in red). I have long thought that any co-commentator/pundit who is asked to comment on a game should have little previous playing history with either club. I can understand the argument that a former player can add a little inside knowledge if his team is playing. The problem with that, it's now morphed into what effectively has become fan tv due to their bias.

On numerous occasions I have listened to Tyler, Neville and Carragher telling stories when the game is in progress and they become private little in-jokes. Nobody else knows what the fuck they are talking about and they end up laughing among themselves. Not everyone is like that....Savage I think tries to be fair, Jenas is a bit boring but tries to be even handed, Gaz Baz is quite good and Souness also. But Sky and BT really need to take a fucking good look at their output, because it's all become a cozy little old boys clique.

Have Your Say. Usually something they don't allow on stories involving us as they'd probably have to work harder at moderating the redshirt fans inane and insulting comments that would follow.
Do people actually say"HYS"? Same amount of syllables.
Hopefully just a written atrocity.

The story is in the Daily Mail. It is really nothing to do with Brexit but a change in rules by the FA which would not stand up to a legal challenge in my view. The story is riddled with holes and overblown like most articles in that newspaper. You can be sure that major PL clubs would find a way round it.

Standard Daily Fail bollocks then.... I’m even suspicious of the Greyhound results in the Mail.

Christ Bein sports doing some show on Bianchi just now, blast from the past.
On point though bein had Tyler and Allen on commentary last night and when the young Indian lad volleyed over, I thought I’d inadvertently sat on the remote as Tyler’s screech nearly deafened me.

Have Your Say. Usually something they don't allow on stories involving us as they'd probably have to work harder at moderating the redshirt fans inane and insulting comments that would follow.
The BBC post match comments after our game with the dippers was priceless - not many dippers, mainly neutral fans thanking us for beating the cheats etc. It was the same after their Brighton defeat, mainly comments from neutrals.

The BBC post match comments after our game with the dippers was priceless - not many dippers, mainly neutral fans thanking us for beating the cheats etc. It was the same after their Brighton defeat, mainly comments from neutrals.

I noticed that, while the media has them universally liked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.