Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really gets my goat with these commentators and pundits, they make no attempt to hide their bias. And I mean that with any club....I wouldn't want someone on there just happy clapping City either. If they are good say why....if they are crap, also say why - and what did the opposition do to make it uncomfortable. Just tell it as it is.

Ferdinand is the worst. His comment the other week, after City thumped WBA 5-0, about Utd going back to the top of the league the next night (the Sheff Utd game) was shockingly unprofessional - and it backfired spectacularly. You just can't say that. I would have thought if you were asked to comment during play or at half time, at least try to apply some objectivity - a laughable statement I know but it would be nice to have.

What we have at the minute is a blinkered, one-sided view of a game, which normally revolves around the performance of the team of the former player (and many have played for a team in red). I have long thought that any co-commentator/pundit who is asked to comment on a game should have little previous playing history with either club. I can understand the argument that a former player can add a little inside knowledge if his team is playing. The problem with that, it's now morphed into what effectively has become fan tv due to their bias.

On numerous occasions I have listened to Tyler, Neville and Carragher telling stories when the game is in progress and they become private little in-jokes. Nobody else knows what the fuck they are talking about and they end up laughing among themselves. Not everyone is like that....Savage I think tries to be fair, Jenas is a bit boring but tries to be even handed, Gaz Baz is quite good and Souness also. But Sky and BT really need to take a fucking good look at their output, because it's all become a cozy little old boys clique.
I cannot recall any normal English pundit covering the latter stages of a European competition and openly stated that he hoped the English team would get beaten. But Ferdinand and Scholes both managed to do it.

I hate the cheerleading pundits. I’m sure sky have changed their business model since spitty came in because he can’t be neutral. Before spitty Carragher was at sky both Souness and Neville were very very neutral, Neville to the point where United fans were fuming with him because he used to hammer United and praise us and I used to think fair play to Neville because I could never be as fair if it was me talking about city and United. That’s all gone now, him and carra are a double act for the red sides. Even souness who was the best they had has put on his Liverpool hat in the last couple of years. You can see them trying to push this city v United pundit team with Micah and Keane they are always on together.
Micah and Dog Wanker could star in a remake of the odd couple. They have good chemistry with each other. If sky are happy with Ratboy and spitty being bias. Put those two with Tyler in the box on Derby Day it'll be hilarious. I think Tyler would get chinned as s bonus.

Its turned onto an old school tie club, they all look after each other.
Doesnt matter if your a drug cheat, spit in little girls faces, shag your brothers wife for years, deliberately try to injure another player etc.
All that matters is you played for liverpool or utd and if you want a job in the press/media you'll get it.

You have Tyler and Neville rambling on about what they had for tea last night instead of the match.

Crooks who is a fucking embarrassment to football let alone the press/media.

My last complaint to the bbc didnt even get a response, perhaps I was to rude ! Lol.
I think it always has been to be honest.

Early days of sky brought the usual old cunts such as Jimmy hill, and they tried to integrate them with newly retiring players. Only a few seem to have made it.

Custis at it again

I was just about to post that. What an utter cretin. Thankfully we don't have to listen to these City hating wankers droning their bile on Sunday supplement anymore. Manager of the month is surely the best manager? As Pep has won every game including thrashing Liverpool at Anfield I'm not sure how anyone else comes close.

Every sport has far superior analysis than football.
After a few days off from it, or the close season, you switch it on again and it's like some neanderthal, cliche riddled, lazy, smokey snug after a pup team game in the late 80s.
The pundits during the cricket and rugby are much better.

Unbiased, no snide crap, intelligent, honest, and generally likeable.

Contrast that to football and it’s night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.