Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT's response to my query as to why I have to listen to McManaman and Ferdinand when I'm trying to enjoy watching City;

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

BT Sport has selected talent based on their relationship with and knowledge of the game; along with the expertise that they will bring to our coverage. Our selection of commentators isn't based on their playing history."

So now you know. I leave it to you to decide whether or not that is complete bollocks.
It's the BBC so it's 99% certain it's complete bollocks.

I would mate when they showed us first yet Arsenal are the ones heavily funded by Dubai. Agenda for me.
I’m not defending them. I just think it was disingenuous to say they highlighted City, when they mentioned both clubs.
Yes it was incorrect, which is actually the bigger point anyway (I see the 10pm news has edited it out), but at 6pm they highlighted both clubs, not just City - which is what your post misleadingly suggested (in my opinion of course ;-)

BT's response to my query as to why I have to listen to McManaman and Ferdinand when I'm trying to enjoy watching City;

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

BT Sport has selected talent based on their relationship with and knowledge of the game; along with the expertise that they will bring to our coverage. Our selection of commentators isn't based on their playing history."

So now you know. I leave it to you to decide whether or not that is complete bollocks.
If their playing history isn’t a consideration, wouldn’t that imply that they are supposed to be agnostic about their preferences and there to offer opinion of tactics and such? In which case why do we have to listen to unconstructed insight and partisan views? They are patently there to play to their audience and they do that unashamedly.

Last edited:
The media in a bit of a tizz. They were going to run an excuse 'All Arabs look the same to me, l can't tell them apart' but the lawyers weren't keen on that. They are thinking something on the lies 'All Arabs are equal but Dubai Arabs are more equal than City's Arabs (whoever they are)'.
The stench of hypocrisy is strong in many newsroom.

The media in a bit of a tizz. They were going to run an excuse 'All Arabs look the same to me, l can't tell them apart' but the lawyers weren't keen on that. They are thinking something on the lies 'All Arabs are equal but Dubai Arabs are more equal than City's Arabs (whoever they are)'.
The stench of hypocrisy is strong in many newsroom.
I think it was an honest mistake, the vast majority of the media know our owners are from Qatar.

So it’s a complete coincidence that 90% of them played for the rags or dippers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.