Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I just saw the logo. All the same, he's the MOTD anchor and a match presenter as well, it's his job to know and check this stuff. He's no more excuse for that than the MEN journo who wrote about the rags win on Sunday getting them within 5 points of us imo.
I read worse on the MEN yesterday. A reporter for our local rag claiming City are state owned. Embarrassing to say the least. Can’t remember the article mind.....found the article now

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-news-solskjaer-team-19839144

Tell lies often enough & the perception is it’s true. I hope one of you who can be arsed complaining about stuff takes our local newspaper to task about lying about who owns City

Last edited:
I read worse on the MEN yesterday. A reporter for our local rag claiming City are state owned. Embarrassing to say the least. Can’t remember the article mind.....found the article now

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-news-solskjaer-team-19839144

Tell lies often enough & the perception is it’s true. I hope one of you who can be arsed complaining about stuff takes our local newspaper to task about lying about who owns City
The Liverpool game is that boring I’ve complained myself

Dear MEN,

As my local newspaper, I thought I should bring it to your attention that I find it ludicrous that one of your reporters is telling clear & obvious lies about Manchester City Football Club.

As a newspaper for Mancunians, presumably using Mancunian reporters, please can you explain how a supposed football reporter has written that Manchester City Football Club is ‘state owned’?

As a local reporter I’d imagine he already knows this to be a blatant lie, but if not, a simple Google search would have informed him that Manchester City Football Club is owned by the City Football Group, which is in turn owned by ADUG, Silverlake & Chinese Media Capital.

I’m sure Samuel will also be aware that football authorities don’t allow football clubs to be state owned, so my first question I’d like an answer to would be:
Is this part of a clear & obvious campaign to sully Manchester City’s good name?

My second question would be, is Samuel Luckhurst:
a) Thick as mince?
b) A truly awful reporter who doesn’t check facts?
c) A dangerous reporter who would be better suited working for Joseph Goebbels with the propaganda & lies he’s peddling to suit whatever agenda he has?
d) Being paid by an external organisation to peddle lies & propaganda to sully Manchester City’s good name?

Look forward to hearing your reply in trying to justify Samuel’s clear & blatant lies.

Regards
MW

Just for the sake of accuracy, ironic in this thread I realise, they highlighted both clubs (showed clips of both stadiums) in that 6pm news report. I wonder if the report will be edited in any way by the time of the 10pm news.

Just watched the Panorama programme & the item including the Etihad & Emirates Stadium wasn't included. Maybe someone has had a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.