Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could have the best 11 on the pitch and the best bench in the world. But the champions league is a knockout competition. If the ref goes against you, if VAR goes against, if the opposition keeper has a worldie, you could be knocked out.

Fuck me liverpool must have been the luckiest winners ever the last time they won it. They played in the worse final I have every seen, bloody awful standard of football v spurs. Lost about 4 matches getting to the final ( I think ). Utter shit of a final and an embarrassment to the standard of the premier league. Both liverpool and spurs had shit loads of help to get to that final

All this crap about the champions league, going by the pundits, the premier league winners should win the league and fa cup ever year. As they are the best in the league ! How often does the premier league winner do the treble ?

We all know City are a tremendous team because the press/media keep moving the goal posts, have ti win back to back, done, domestic treble, done, now City have do the treble again and win the champions league to be a great team. Just piss off ! the press/media should be falling over City , best team every , breaking records for fun, run without dept, puts millions into East Manchester.
But the two red teams cant do anything wrong their owners take millions out every year , both have old crapy grounds, both have dept, both dont do anything for their communities.

I really hate most of the press/media in England.
And breathe.....

Ps Agree with every word.

Spot on and this is the main reason why I was dead against VAR right from the very beginning. Football is not about the tiniest little details, the game doesn't lend itself to exact decisions in terms of millimetres and inches, it's too fast paced a game for that. In the past if it looked level it was given as onside. Now if it looks level, VAR will freeze it, zoom in and realise that someone's toenail is slightly off or they've got a big nose so they're offside. This is farcical and ruining the offside rule.

There has to be some margin for error even if it's only tiny. I'm sick of hearing the phrase "letter of the law". If a player has gained a significant advantage by being beyond the last defender then give it offside. If not then don't. What advantage did Laporte gain the other night? If you have to zoom in, draw lines and STILL spend 2 minutes looking at it then it's not an obvious offside is it?

VAR is trying to make everything exact and perfect and it's taken away any little bit of common sense the game once had.

I’m waiting for them to blame that away strip
Just goes to show, football is a man's game.... not a fucking zebra's.

Sergio Aguero: Is Argentine entering final months of Manchester City career?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56257193

Top of the league are we?
The second BBC online article today is a negative City story. Just a cut-and-paste re-hash with no quotes at all. Essentially a fabricated article with no comments from Sergio and the club. Typical of the sub-standard output of Simon Stone.
Yesterday's headline in the same prominent position on the BBC main football page was: "The remarkable rise of Bruno Fernandez." Again it was totally unbalanced and without any context with no mention of Fernandes's dire form since Christmas and in all the big games. Sycophantic drivel.

Last edited:
Spot on and this is the main reason why I was dead against VAR right from the very beginning. Football is not about the tiniest little details, the game doesn't lend itself to exact decisions in terms of millimetres and inches, it's too fast paced a game for that. In the past if it looked level it was given as onside. Now if it looks level, VAR will freeze it, zoom in and realise that someone's toenail is slightly off or they've got a big nose so they're offside. This is farcical and ruining the offside rule.

There has to be some margin for error even if it's only tiny. I'm sick of hearing the phrase "letter of the law". If a player has gained a significant advantage by being beyond the last defender then give it offside. If not then don't. What advantage did Laporte gain the other night? If you have to zoom in, draw lines and STILL spend 2 minutes looking at it then it's not an obvious offside is it?

VAR is trying to make everything exact and perfect and it's taken away any little bit of common sense the game once had.
The technology is not accurate to within millimetres. It depends on when the frame is frozen and that depends on the shutter speed. We are just being conned by PGMOL. The only way forward is for the referee to use the video as an extra tool and make the judgement himself based on what he sees. If level the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt. The whole thing is just a money-making scheme for PGMOL and the referees who are now being paid a lot more money because the Stockley Park operation means they work on more matches. All the drawing of squiggly lines is bollocks.

Ahh, yes. I should have considered that possibility too but the media thread isn't usually that positive ;)

Add in Gabby's comment last night (not expanded on enough for me) plus one or two others recently and I'm hoping we're seeing the long term strategy of the club coming to the fore. I've never gone along with this 'City should sue everybody' nonsense as they're far too smart for that.

Talking of which whatever happened to the KdB King of Belgium idiot?
He's been injured :-)

The technology is not accurate to within millimetres. It depends on when the frame is frozen and that depends on the shutter speed. We are just being conned by PGMOL. The only way forward is for the referee to use the video as an extra tool and make the judgement himself based on what he sees. If level the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt. The whole thing is just a money-making scheme for PGMOL and the referees who are now being paid a lot more money because the Stockley Park operation means they work on more matches. All the drawing of squiggly lines is bollocks.

For the benefit of the FOCs in CBL3 and other FOCs elsewhere 38cm is over fifteen fuckin' inches! The Whelk Shed Emporium Operatives are using a system that turns Video Assistance into Variable Assistance. And I bet we've been fifteen inches further back on every disallowed goal and Rags 'n Dippers have been fifteen inches further forward .

The second BBC online article today is a negative City story. Just a cut-and-paste re-hash with no quotes at all. Essentially a fabricated article with no comments from Sergio and the club. Typical of the sub-standard output of Simon Stone.
Yesterday's headline in the same prominent position on the BBC main football page was: "The remarkable rise of Bruno Fernandez." Again it was totally unbalanced and without any context with no mention of Fernandes's dire form since Christmas and in all the big games. Sycophantic drivel.
Sometimes I actually feel sorry for people like him. After all, what would you rather be, a blue watching football at a level you never dreamt existed, or a bitter and twisted rag journo reduced to writing desperate drivel about a club they and their big derby rivals down the East Lancs aren't bothered about.

Every news outlet is running the story about online racist abuse of footballers today. Guess which one they lead with, even showing footage from the game and a quick interview with the player? You've guessed it right, Swansea's Yan Dhanda. They will make sure every negative story somehow shoehorns us in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.