Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems your right and I am wrong. My only excuse is poor memory and sitting in that stand I never look at it and when I watch highlights after going to the game it has bums on seats.. As a footnote I think it looks better over two tiers than over three.
I think the statium looks great and the people behind design have done a great job.

It's really quite sad and annoying that they see us in such negative terms. They're seeing one of the greatest manifestations of football theory and tactics in England since the legendary Hungarian side of the 1950's took England apart and Alf Ramsey's 'wingless wonders' of 1966. And they simply can't appreciate that for what it is.

It's not City or Pep's fault that Spurs and Arsenal are shite, that Chelsea change manager more often than they change their socks or that United have one of the most underwhelming managers and pedestrian sides of their recent history (and they're the second best side in the PL). Or that the US-owned clubs fail to reinvest fully in renewing their squads or that United prioritise making a statement over getting good value or players who fit their system in their transfer policy.

People commented admiringly on how Ferguson (often expensively) refreshed his squads and motivated them to success. Yet they deride Pep for the same thing.

When Ferguson & Wenger ran every aspect of their team's activities, they were praised and admired. We've moved on from the model of the all-powerful manager to a collegiate approach where CEO, DoF and the coach work in absolute harmony delivering the best outcome for the club, on a global scale. We rolled out the model to other clubs and some of the CFG clubs are seeing conspicuous success now. United didn't even have a decent succession plan for their successful manager, despite having had years to do that.

And yet they say our success, which comes from fine-tuning every aspect of our operation, is "depressing". Well I know what's depressing and it's the closed and small minds of these morons who actually get paid for commenting on our game.
Quite.. and 'quite' several times over..

Been saying it for ages, just as with the Glazers at United, Liverpool have been getting away with it from the media for years with their 'financial model'. Both clubs have been haemhorraging cash to the Yanks for so long now.

Maybe one day our supine, venal UK sports (and financial) media will carry stories demonstrating that they took the advice of 'Deep Throat' to Woodward & Bernstein to 'follow the money..' and see where it's ended up. Not been used on developing the squad or the ground facilities or the local community..

But I'm not going to hold my breath..

Last edited:
FA. Women's Website. Man City trio and Manchester United ACE called up for USA squad.

It's really quite sad and annoying that they see us in such negative terms. They're seeing one of the greatest manifestations of football theory and tactics in England since the legendary Hungarian side of the 1950's took England apart and Alf Ramsey's 'wingless wonders' of 1966. And they simply can't appreciate that for what it is.

It's not City or Pep's fault that Spurs and Arsenal are shite, that Chelsea change manager more often than they change their socks or that United have one of the most underwhelming managers and pedestrian sides of their recent history (and they're the second best side in the PL). Or that the US-owned clubs fail to reinvest fully in renewing their squads or that United prioritise making a statement over getting good value or players who fit their system in their transfer policy.

People commented admiringly on how Ferguson (often expensively) refreshed his squads and motivated them to success. Yet they deride Pep for the same thing.

When Ferguson & Wenger ran every aspect of their team's activities, they were praised and admired. We've moved on from the model of the all-powerful manager to a collegiate approach where CEO, DoF and the coach work in absolute harmony delivering the best outcome for the club, on a global scale. We rolled out the model to other clubs and some of the CFG clubs are seeing conspicuous success now. United didn't even have a decent succession plan for their successful manager, despite having had years to do that.

And yet they say our success, which comes from fine-tuning every aspect of our operation, is "depressing". Well I know what's depressing and it's the closed and small minds of these morons who actually get paid for commenting on our game.
So true and needs to be quoted to every media type that claims to love football and who wants to preach negative comments about MCFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.