Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really quite sad and annoying that they see us in such negative terms. They're seeing one of the greatest manifestations of football theory and tactics in England since the legendary Hungarian side of the 1950's took England apart and Alf Ramsey's 'wingless wonders' of 1966. And they simply can't appreciate that for what it is.

It's not City or Pep's fault that Spurs and Arsenal are shite, that Chelsea change manager more often than they change their socks or that United have one of the most underwhelming managers and pedestrian sides of their recent history (and they're the second best side in the PL). Or that the US-owned clubs fail to reinvest fully in renewing their squads or that United prioritise making a statement over getting good value or players who fit their system in their transfer policy.

People commented admiringly on how Ferguson (often expensively) refreshed his squads and motivated them to success. Yet they deride Pep for the same thing.

When Ferguson & Wenger ran every aspect of their team's activities, they were praised and admired. We've moved on from the model of the all-powerful manager to a collegiate approach where CEO, DoF and the coach work in absolute harmony delivering the best outcome for the club, on a global scale. We rolled out the model to other clubs and some of the CFG clubs are seeing conspicuous success now. United didn't even have a decent succession plan for their successful manager, despite having had years to do that.

And yet they say our success, which comes from fine-tuning every aspect of our operation, is "depressing". Well I know what's depressing and it's the closed and small minds of these morons who actually get paid for commenting on our game.
Nail. Hit. Head.

Spot on PB.

The project that everyone mocked initially has proved to be as successful as the owners planned for and is now paying dividends beyond our wildest dreams.

The level of transformation we've witnessed over the past ten years has been nothing short of a paradigm shift and this is why the media can't keep up.

It's really quite sad and annoying that they see us in such negative terms. They're seeing one of the greatest manifestations of football theory and tactics in England since the legendary Hungarian side of the 1950's took England apart and Alf Ramsey's 'wingless wonders' of 1966. And they simply can't appreciate that for what it is.

It's not City or Pep's fault that Spurs and Arsenal are shite, that Chelsea change manager more often than they change their socks or that United have one of the most underwhelming managers and pedestrian sides of their recent history (and they're the second best side in the PL). Or that the US-owned clubs fail to reinvest fully in renewing their squads or that United prioritise making a statement over getting good value or players who fit their system in their transfer policy.

People commented admiringly on how Ferguson (often expensively) refreshed his squads and motivated them to success. Yet they deride Pep for the same thing.

When Ferguson & Wenger ran every aspect of their team's activities, they were praised and admired. We've moved on from the model of the all-powerful manager to a collegiate approach where CEO, DoF and the coach work in absolute harmony delivering the best outcome for the club, on a global scale. We rolled out the model to other clubs and some of the CFG clubs are seeing conspicuous success now. United didn't even have a decent succession plan for their successful manager, despite having had years to do that.

And yet they say our success, which comes from fine-tuning every aspect of our operation, is "depressing". Well I know what's depressing and it's the closed and small minds of these morons who actually get paid for commenting on our game.
I can remember when united fans used to ask us “what’s all that ‘Tick Tock’ bollocks you bitters keep going on about?”
They know now...

Nail. Hit. Head.

Spot on PB.

The project that everyone mocked initially has proved to be as successful as the owners planned for and is now paying dividends beyond our wildest dreams.

The level of transformation we've witnessed over the past ten years has been nothing short of a paradigm shift and this is why the media can't keep up.
The good thing about it is that they knew from day 1 our owner was capable of this development and despite being able to set the rules in their favour have simply failed to stop its progress.
Beaten off and on the field at what they thought was their Cartel protected business sector.

The good thing about it is that they knew from day 1 our owner was capable of this development and despite being able to set the rules in their favour have simply failed to stop its progress.
Beaten off and on the field at what they thought was their Cartel protected business sector.
When David Gill made his comment about us never being bigger than them in Asia, it was in response to a question I'd asked him, which was about the reaction at United to the takeover in 2008. This was about 6 years ago so before Pep but after we'd won a couple of PL titles.

His answer was that they were interested but felt pretty secure that they were United and would always be successful, which in 2008 you could understand. He then went on to say how professionally run we were, which suggested to me that they hadn't counted on that.

I'd love to ask the question again today.

When David Gill made his comment about us never being bigger than them in Asia, it was in response to a question I'd asked him, which was about the reaction at United to the takeover in 2008. This was about 6 years ago so before Pep but after we'd won a couple of PL titles.

His answer was that they were interested but felt pretty secure that they were United and would always be successful, which in 2008 you could understand. He then went on to say how professionally run we were, which suggested to me that they hadn't counted on that.

I'd love to ask the question again today.
The hubris in his answer to you Colin speaks volumes yet do you think he was believing his own publicity that football is a special business sector requiring special business plans?

The hubris in his answer to you Colin speaks volumes yet do you think he was believing his own publicity that football is a special business sector requiring special business plans?
I checked and it was 2015

He was very complimentary about us, which (as I said) I don't think they'd anticipated. To be honest I wouldn't have expected him to say they had met their match but the statement about Asia was clearly defensive. I wouldn't swap those 3 PL titles, probably 4 soon, since they last won it for a big Asian fan base (as much as I love us having a lot of foreign fans).

I can remember when united fans used to ask us “what’s all that ‘Tick Tock’ bollocks you bitters keep going on about?”
They know now...
I remember going on a United forum at some point soon after the takeover and saying something like “Don’t worry too
Much if we sign Kaka. We won’t be overtaking you just yet. That will take a couple of years” to absolute hilarity.

He was very complimentary about us, which (as I said) I don't think they'd anticipated. To be honest I wouldn't have expected him to say they had met their match but the statement about Asia was clearly defensive. I wouldn't swap those 3 PL titles, probably 4 soon, since they last won it for a big Asian fan base (as much as I love us having a lot of foreign fans).
Were Rob Harris and Adam Crafton there?...

I think they are surprised by the continuing football investment of profits rather than the cash cow approach they are used to.

Shear professionalism in all aspects of City as a business venture must be a first for all.

Many thanks for all your informed posts, I am still in awe at the old FFP thread and the information I got from you and others that defied media reporting.
My family and friends saw me as some sort of magician when I predicted the CAS judgment correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.