Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m not going to link it, but there's an article on newsnow titled

Guardiola’s ‘crocodile tears’ slammed after report shines light on Aguero’s Man City exit – pundit​

Who is said pundit ?

I was intrigued as to who exactly so had a look

FRANK MCANVENNI WTF!
Who is he??????

He might aswell change his name to ‘ Frank knows fuck all Mcanvenni’ prob another Arab hater or istory sycophant.

He is Scottish...say no more. Fucktard ;)

Didn’t someone on here post that we had already made close to £1.5bn in prize money since the takeover for trophies, Premier League positions and a decade of Champions League qualification and almost always qualifying for the knockout stages? And thats before factoring in any sponsorship or other commercial income?
Yet this is routinely ignored
Nearly as much as the scousers got for Coutinhio!

Conn has a problem. He's a few years younger than me but I suspect our experiences growing up, him in Prestwich and me in Crumpsall, were similar.

He may have gone shopping on Cheetham Hill with his grandma, probably on the bus. If she wanted chicken or a piece brisket, she went to the butcher. If she wanted bread, she went to the baker. Veg, to the greengrocer. Vimto, to the grocer. Milk or cheese, to the dairy shop. Etc. When she'd got everything they would have gone home, she'd have made a cup of tea with tea leaves in a pot, poured through a strainer and, at 5pm, the first programmes would start on the TV they rented. If it was cold, she might have put sme coal on the fire or put the gas heater on. There were 4 or 5 cinemas in walking distance of the house I grew up in, and she might have taken him to one of those. Polio and diptheria were real fears and catching measles, mumps and rubella was expected

If it was a Saturday, they might have watched the football results, of clubs owned by local small businessmen made good, like butcher Bob Lord, our own TV supplier, or a purveyor of bribes and rotten meat to councils. For these people, it elevated them into loal dignitaries, like modern days squires of the manor. One or two, like Liverpool and Arsenal, might have been owned by seriously rich families, who saw it as their civic duty to provide entertainment for the masses who worked for them and provided their riches.

Gradually the world changed. Supermarkets, where you could get everything under one roof, and there was at least one in every town. Central heating, mass car ownership, multiplex cinemas, where you had a choice of ten or more films. Not needing to wait for the results of matches, because you could watch or stream them live.

Football moved out of the realm of the local boy made good and became big business. Conn probably shops in supermarkets or online, owns more than one TV and car and has central heating. His kids will have been vaccinated and don't fear the childhood diseases he and I did.

He accepts this as part of modern life but he's never accepted football changing.
Lovely description of post war Britain. I remember it well.
Immunisation against those terrible childhood diseases was a massive game changer. For example, in 1954 (?) all the swimming pools in Manchester were shut in the face of a polio epidemic. Everybody of my age went to school with kids in calipers. Then we lined up for the polio vaccine, 3 shots on a sugar lump.
My dear departed stepmum would recognize the routine of Cheetham Hill, where she was brought up as an orthodox Jew.(b 1929).
You are right, Conn sounds like a Luddite railing against "these new fangled machines that are going to put us all out of work". Of course, the exact opposite happened and the Luddites found themselves working in boom times. Same with football; it is inherently a loss maker and desperately needs the capital injection new owners provide.
Lovely and perceptive post, PB.

Last edited:

Guardiola’s ‘crocodile tears’ slammed after report shines light on Aguero’s Man City exit – pundit​

Who is said pundit ?

FRANK MCANVENNI WTF!
F*cking hasbeen cockwombly tring to stay relevant.

Who is said pundit ?

FRANK MCANVENNI WTF!

This Frank McAvennie ?

Aren’t UAE and Israel best mates now? But Conn does seem to have a problem keeping up.
Not best mates, but they have reached an accomodation, Iran featuring heavily in their calculations. Even Qatar is part of the deal. That is political, but Conn's stance is personal and much harder to shift.

The UAE and especially Abu Dhabi are very pro British, reflected in trade and politics. Sheikh Mansour chose to invest not only in Manchester City FC but also in the regeneration of a run down, blighted part of the city. The decision was not born out of altruism but there is no evidence of equivalent investments by others let alone by owners of other football clubs including the ones who purport to be the biggest and richest in the world.

Yet we have a cabal conducting a sustained campaign against City and owners, effectively against the interests of the UK, when there are many more obvious targets throughout the world. The western world has its own issues and Amnesty has its failings and is no moral paragon. This cabal is self-reinforcing with their selective criticism and attacks a reflection of their paymasters.

Unsurprisingly, they like to give it but cant take it.
Little known fact: Cameron as PM had a special advisor on ME affairs: the brother of Mansour, but I've forgotten which one.

Great post.

A great deal of fans of these Redshirt clubs are only fans because they attach themselves to the glory aspect of the club they’ve chosen to support. Especially the out of towners.

This is usually from being insecure from the outset as individuals.

They’re too insecure to support Lincoln, Plymouth, or Shamrock Rovers, so they attach themselves to United and Liverpool. They live it up in some sort of weird reflected glory… but as soon as that glory wanes or disappears as their clubs aren’t top dogs anymore, their insecurities come to the fore. They can’t handle that a club they once made banners about their trophy drought and had more songs mocking them than they had about themselves, have started to win trophies like they once did but at the same time smashing all-time English football records in the process.

This is where all this fear and belittling comes in, they’re just insecure little boys who can’t deal with their reflected glory being taken away from them. But in a social media age, it’s not just the out of towners with this attitude, it’s the entire fanbases plus their hangers on from the media. It becomes a culture of insecurity and fear across the lot of them!

thing with these “fans” who support there local club like a York a Gillingham and there second club is a Liverpool or the scum is when they doing shit they go dormant and a one club local fan but when there second club start winning they start again with support over social media! A great example it this season and Liverpool doing shite don’t see nowt of them on social media then once they get top three they all out on there being dicks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.