Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m absolutely fucked up tonight and I won’t remember posting this tomorrow but I just want to say I love this forum and I love the fact we can often disagree, sometimes very badly, but at the end of the day we always come together as fellow blues.
I’ve been a knob on here several times but it’s a safe environment.

The next few days are the most important in our clubs recent journey and come Sunday morning I truly believe we will all be celebrating.

love to you all. My blue family.

(sorry I’m leathered)

I’m absolutely fucked up tonight and I won’t remember posting this tomorrow but I just want to say I love this forum and I love the fact we can often disagree, sometimes very badly, but at the end of the day we always come together as fellow blues.
I’ve been a knob on here several times but it’s a safe environment.

The next few days are the most important in our clubs recent journey and come Sunday morning I truly believe we will all be celebrating.

love to you all. My blue family.

(sorry I’m leathered)
Never apologise for showing feeling, now go to bed you rag pisshead :)

The club under Swales was corrupt and incompetent. We were the laughing stock of football. Thankfully the old City has now been replaced by the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. Conn is out of touch with the modern world and politicises everything he writes. He waxes lyrical abut FC United but everyone in the Manchester area knows their fanbase is a mixture of cranks and thugs. I have seen their support up close. They are scumbags who hate City even more than the Glazers. They are just another media myth. The problem with London-based trendies like Conn and his ilk is they don't get out much. I wonder when he last attended a match.
Or went to Abu Dhabi.

Because these articles, quotes and arguments to try and belittle the achievements of our club, owner and Pep are born from one thing....

FEAR

The history clubs and their ex-players, and the rest of the jealous mob are fearful of what has been happening before there eyes since Sheihk Mansour arrived on these shores.

Take one massive example of that playing out on BT sports when Joe Cole said Kane should go to City - Ferdinand couldn't hold that thought in his head, the fear rose and he went straight into school boy bully mode spouting 'united are the biggest club' - Ferdinand had to re-assure himself that Kane to the rags was a no-brainer based on some old history shite that they are a bigger club - and then you had the giddy BT anchor laughing like the sad kid who hides behind the school bully hanging onto his every whim

The old pisscan said 'never in my lifetime', the takeover was seen as a joke at the time and one that wouldn't last.

We have overtaken them all in every part that MATTERS - Infrastructure, Scouting, Academy, Players, Managers, breaking domestic records, and now collecting trophies each season = FEAR

The only thing we lack is this stupid statement of being seen as a "bigger club" - based on what, overseas fans, well that doesn't bother me one iota - they can keep it. Is it based on trophies? - well we are addressing that currently are we not, But then they realise that if we start by lifting a 1st CL trophy this Saturday then they will be worried about us winning more

The truth is (and I will use myself as an example age wise, I am 42yrs old) that the red top history clubs (who believe they have this divine right to be lauded as the pinnacle of the English game) are realising that what has been built has the POTENTIAL to go on and become the most successful English club side ever = FEAR

FEAR is written all over this. It is between the lines in everything they say, every article that is written, every snide little comment that is made live on TV or radio.
Agree wholeheartedly, but what motivates Conn? Couldn't be hatred of anything Arab could it?

The UAE and especially Abu Dhabi are very pro British, reflected in trade and politics. Sheikh Mansour chose to invest not only in Manchester City FC but also in the regeneration of a run down, blighted part of the city. The decision was not born out of altruism but there is no evidence of equivalent investments by others let alone by owners of other football clubs including the ones who purport to be the biggest and richest in the world.

Yet we have a cabal conducting a sustained campaign against City and owners, effectively against the interests of the UK, when there are many more obvious targets throughout the world. The western world has its own issues and Amnesty has its failings and is no moral paragon. This cabal is self-reinforcing with their selective criticism and attacks a reflection of their paymasters.

Unsurprisingly, they like to give it but cant take it.
The problem with articles like this is that it sustains a lie that MCFC are fundamentally different to other English football clubs in that they are owned and managed by an overseas state who are cynically manipulating football for their own ends but MCFC are not owned or controlled by the UAE state. Never once has MCFC been branded as a UAE club in England or in the UAE, npt by City's owner anyway, the only people who do so are a small current in the UK media who have a certain view of the world which colours their interpretation of it.

By their conduct they are telling the world that Arab Sheikhs are not fit and proper to own football clubs because they can not be separated from their nation-state but Russian, Uzbek oligarchs, Thai Junta/King associates, Chinese and US finance capital no problem. Mention this and they cry 'whataboutery' yes but you can't operate by these standards.

If you wish to discriminate then you will be viewed as such.

The Five Live Special on ‘that’ goal with Naga Munchetty is a good half hour listen. It’s on BBC Sounds app Sports section. A surprise coming from BBC!

I,m not going to link it, but there's an article on newsnow titled

Guardiola’s ‘crocodile tears’ slammed after report shines light on Aguero’s Man City exit – pundit​

Who is said pundit ?

I was intrigued as to who exactly so had a look

FRANK MCANVENNI WTF!

Because these articles, quotes and arguments to try and belittle the achievements of our club, owner and Pep are born from one thing....

FEAR

The history clubs and their ex-players, and the rest of the jealous mob are fearful of what has been happening before there eyes since Sheihk Mansour arrived on these shores.

Take one massive example of that playing out on BT sports when Joe Cole said Kane should go to City - Ferdinand couldn't hold that thought in his head, the fear rose and he went straight into school boy bully mode spouting 'united are the biggest club' - Ferdinand had to re-assure himself that Kane to the rags was a no-brainer based on some old history shite that they are a bigger club - and then you had the giddy BT anchor laughing like the sad kid who hides behind the school bully hanging onto his every whim

The old pisscan said 'never in my lifetime', the takeover was seen as a joke at the time and one that wouldn't last.

We have overtaken them all in every part that MATTERS - Infrastructure, Scouting, Academy, Players, Managers, breaking domestic records, and now collecting trophies each season = FEAR

The only thing we lack is this stupid statement of being seen as a "bigger club" - based on what, overseas fans, well that doesn't bother me one iota - they can keep it. Is it based on trophies? - well we are addressing that currently are we not, But then they realise that if we start by lifting a 1st CL trophy this Saturday then they will be worried about us winning more

The truth is (and I will use myself as an example age wise, I am 42yrs old) that the red top history clubs (who believe they have this divine right to be lauded as the pinnacle of the English game) are realising that what has been built has the POTENTIAL to go on and become the most successful English club side ever = FEAR

FEAR is written all over this. It is between the lines in everything they say, every article that is written, every snide little comment that is made live on TV or radio.
Great post.

A great deal of fans of these Redshirt clubs are only fans because they attach themselves to the glory aspect of the club they’ve chosen to support. Especially the out of towners.

This is usually from being insecure from the outset as individuals.

They’re too insecure to support Lincoln, Plymouth, or Shamrock Rovers, so they attach themselves to United and Liverpool. They live it up in some sort of weird reflected glory… but as soon as that glory wanes or disappears as their clubs aren’t top dogs anymore, their insecurities come to the fore. They can’t handle that a club they once made banners about their trophy drought and had more songs mocking them than they had about themselves, have started to win trophies like they once did but at the same time smashing all-time English football records in the process.

This is where all this fear and belittling comes in, they’re just insecure little boys who can’t deal with their reflected glory being taken away from them. But in a social media age, it’s not just the out of towners with this attitude, it’s the entire fanbases plus their hangers on from the media. It becomes a culture of insecurity and fear across the lot of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.