Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come out of hibernation from the media since Saturday. Not easy to do when the BBC includes Albert Axton being in the England squad as a headline in the six o clock news.
But also turning on TV using Firestick and seeing Fergusons glowing nose as first thing l see. But what's really pissed me off is when I go on Channel 4 seeing Jermaine Fucking Jenas's ugly mug. Having appeared on nearly everything on the BBC are we now going to see him all over other channels presenting serious programmes on stop and search etc in that flat dull East Midlands accent the in laws use?
Will he be another Lineker?

I've come out of hibernation from the media since Saturday. Not easy to do when the BBC includes Albert Axton being in the England squad as a headline in the six o clock news.
But also turning on TV using Firestick and seeing Fergusons glowing nose as first thing l see. But what's really pissed me off is when I go on Channel 4 seeing Jermaine Fucking Jenas's ugly mug. Having appeared on nearly everything on the BBC are we now going to see him all over other channels presenting serious programmes on stop and search etc in that flat dull East Midlands accent the in laws use?
Will he be another Lineker?
In a good mood then Mike?

Seems obligatory for the media to mention Terence Trent D'Arby and Engerland squad in the same sentence.

Agree with this... good post. I’d add that the present hacks also have an irrational and wholly unjustified sense of self importance (hugely bloated egos - Simon dickhead Stone being a case in point) - they think they are something special because a few managers and players know who they are without having the emotional intelligence to know they are tolerated in public and despised in private. They think they are the popular kid in the playground but really they are the kid everyone laughs at behind their back.
One of the main criteria the Athletic had for signing up their writers was not their quality or standards but their social media reach eg Twitter following. That was a massive red flag from the start and told anyone who was listening what they were really all about

I wish the government would close these tax loopholes so everyone pays the tax on the money they earn. I have no problem these guys earning huge salaries - supply and demand etc, but really gets my goat when they then decide to avoid taxes too. How much money is enough? Don't want to pay taxes? bugger off, or don't earn the money. Jimmy Carr got called out by David Cameron on his tax avoidance. Hope saint Rashford of the poor gets called out for his tax avoidance too!

Wonder if Silly Sally would ever ask him if he sees the irony and hypocrisy in asking the government to fund free meals whilst avoiding taxes?
St. Rashford, the Philip Green of Stretford.

This tax business reminds me of certain Irish musicians who make most of their money in uk. But they don't pay tax on it. The royalties go to an irish company. Earnings derived from that source are tax free in the Republic as they are from creative industries
Or that was the case. Funny feeling that Ireland has closed the creative loophole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.