Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they after Ronaldo it’s for one reason to get Pogba out the door who brings naff all and his social standing plus marketing gone down the pan. Bring Ronaldo in will add more to them footballing wise and marketing wise that’s what Edwood be looking at.

I think it's fair enough showing scenes from the funeral of a WC and EC winner on the news. What annoyed me, in contrast, was when Bernard Halford's funeral took place even the local BBC North West news did not mention it, never mind film it, despite a turn out of current management and staff and some great old players. Obviously Bernard did not have the national appeal but locally he was very well known and to be ignored in that way was shite by BBC.
Mate, if Colin Bell or Mike Summerbee passed it would barely get a mention on any news outlet, they're hopelessly biased fuckers the media.

I think it's fair enough showing scenes from the funeral of a WC and EC winner on the news. What annoyed me, in contrast, was when Bernard Halford's funeral took place even the local BBC North West news did not mention it, never mind film it, despite a turn out of current management and staff and some great old players. Obviously Bernard did not have the national appeal but locally he was very well known and to be ignored in that way was shite by BBC.
Agreed about the reporting of a funeral but its like the reporting of Covid testing with the free publicity for Liverpool in the background.
It might have been a family decision to pass OT but even if they had no influence it does put United in the public eye and my cynical mind suspects some United PR involvement.
I myself compared it to the reporting of the Covid-limited funeral of Glyn Pardoe.
If it had not been for our own Oakie l wouldnt have known anything about the funeral. I wouldn't want cameras there but l would have thought it was worth a mention given the family past and present connection to the club and how much the amount of mourners was limited.

There was a tweet that the rags don’t pay full livening wage to there employers but are given a dividend out of 8.5m why isn’t this all over the media remember when city were not paying there employees like the scum are and it was all over the media I just presumed the rags were paying there employees right because at the time we heard fcuk all about it.

There was a tweet that the rags don’t pay full livening wage to there employers but are given a dividend out of 8.5m why isn’t this all over the media remember when city were not paying there employees like the scum are and it was all over the media I just presumed the rags were paying there employees right because at the time we heard fcuk all about it.
I thought we still didn't use the living wage model?

I thought we still didn't use the living wage model?

Your correct both clubs are not paying the £9:30 living wage which totally unacceptable.

Does this apply to 3rd party contractors such as Showsec? Do we have any idea what City pay directly to the lowest paid employees?
I believe the club pays all it's directly contracted staff the living wage, but it isn't accredited by the Living Wage organisation because 3rd party contractors like Showsec don't pay their employees the living wage.

I feel it is something the club could do if the wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.