Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDM, I will type it slowly so it is easier to understand. You were having a minor disagreement with Mr Shears, at the end of one of your lengthy posts you said you were quite capable of defending yourself. I merely mentioned that if you did you would probably invoice yourself :-)
I was not implying you do not buy beer, I seem to recall the night I met you, you were the only one buying as @dronefromsector7G and @BlueMoonRisin' had sewn up their pockets before leaving home.
Says Mr Needs a piss when it’s his round

And here's me thinking you follow my posts religiously!

I was highly critical of the Athletic's coverage of the CAS case in general and specifically of Sam and Matt Slater and their lazy attitude towards what constituted an expert on the matter. Specifically in their case because they had been burned by their 'sources' first time round on the initial UEFA investigation verdict, I found it depressing they then doubled down on 'guilty until proven innocent' rather than looking at the facts.

The whole thing definitely put a strain on our friendship, but ultimately he's a good guy, and whilst it may not be what you want to hear, I don't believe his integrity can be questioned. From top to bottom the only 'experts' around were ones who were absolutely convinced that City were guilty and were bang to rights. In our City bubble we would absolutely be seeking out different voices, but I understand why Sam ended up in the position he ended up in. He was surrounded by people who were queuing up to say the same thing and everyone around him was lapping it up.

Stefan said to me around the time of the verdict that he couldn't believe how many otherwise intelligent, highly successful people he'd encountered, who were completely blinkered when it came to the CAS case because of their tribal loyalties. Barristers, doctors, the lot.

Ultimately though we won. The Athletic and all their experts were wrong. Forgive a moment of hubris but I think the best and most accurate coverage of the whole thing came from Stefan on our podcast. You can't buy that sort of satisfaction after everything that had been written before it.

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was being a dick when I said you spend too much time on here. You do, but since you have managed to do that and also become a yacht owning sweater round the neck wearing lord of the manor, who am I to judge.

What are you drinking? I'm going to start on the mezcal now...Mezcal Mondays has a nice
Well he lives in Crosby and I thought that parts of that are very nice and would not include the normal scouse riff raff.
Then I saw the Kilroy type characters peering over the fence at the Marine match waiting for the ball to be kicked over so they could whisk it off to the pub and get it sold.
Crosby? Did he have a cardboard cutout of Klopp assisting him during the surgery?

Apologies for bringing Lee back up but what does this even mean?..

Covering City made him neutral?

Maybe Billy will know?!

Patience wearing thin, People getting sick of Covid and football

that is the link to the story but there is no picture of City in it but on the main site it shows the banner saying Everton v City cancelled with the heading above.

Subtle stuff as per.

2nd line down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.