Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a "save" or as we call it a tackle, he wasn't deliberately trying to take control or make a deliberate pass to a team mate therefore it's offside, we can go round the houses here but I'm pretty sure my interpretation is the correct one.

He doesn’t have to deliberately try and take control or deliberately pass it though, it is purely if he makes a deliberate attempt to play the ball. He was trying to clear the ball, there wasn’t anyone near him to tackle.

There’s shedloads of articles online from the time explaining why it wasn’t offside. This was pgmols explanation of it -

“Jon Moss was in a good position to see that a Liverpool player deliberately played the ball before it fell to Harry Kane in the penalty area. He then correctly judged that Kane was fouled by Lorius Karius.

"However, given the speed of the attack, he was uncertain of the identity of the Liverpool player who kicked the ball. Eddie Smart, having identified that Kane was in an offside position, correctly sought clarification on whether Dejan Lovren had deliberately played the ball”

Lets be honest, this rule is no worse than a centre forward stealing a few yards on the defence thus being in an offside position when a ball is played wide, the wide player who is not offside takes the ball to the byline and 3 seconds later pulls it back. The centre forward has an advantage now being ahead of the defenders but is not deemed offside because he is behind the ball and gets a tap in, happens regularly, and an opposition player hasnt even touched the ball in the build up.

The above common scenario is no more a different phase of play than last night, I am just glad that the fat ref new the rule and implemented it correctly.

The hatred in the media is more to do with them all shitting themselves at us winning the league again, and they had built up hope of villa pulling off a draw/win shock. As someone has said, if penandez did that he would be seen as "savvy" and hailed a hero. I just wish it had been the only goal, as that would piss em off even more.

This shit is going to intensify as the season progresses, as long as the scum are in with a shout, after last night and the ensuing furore I would fucking love it if we won it on a single goal difference.......just imagine the torment.
I thoroughly enjoyed last night. To be honest I’d almost forgotten about how intense their hatred is. Last season we never laid a glove on the league and we started off out of sorts this season. Now we have interrupted their fairytale LiVARpool and Scum title shootout they are like rabid dogs and I love it!

It started when Barkley had a pass on early in the first half to put Grealish clean through that Dias intercepted. MacManaman let out a massive sigh of disappointment lol! The whole furore around our first goal was hilarious. But nothing could compare to the penalty when MacManaman claimed it couldn’t be a penalty if the shot was going wide!!! Fucking brilliant! I belly laughed.

It used to annoy me, but now I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way. Their salty, bitter nonsense makes it even better.

the reaction to this goal is hilarious - the numerous dodgy penalties and decisions that go for certain teams and it's all ok - one slightly controversial goal (actually perfectly legitimate) for city and it's as big as the Watergate scandal. The reaction by teams like villa is also weird, there's barely a whimper out of them, if say, Mane dives and wins a penalty against them - but god forbid city gets a decision against them they're gobbing off everywhere.

Reminds me a bit of the reaction in the 2013/14 season when Newcastle had a goal by Tiote disallowed because one of their players was in the way of Hart in an offside position. Watching Sky's review of the season, you would think that decision plus Sterling's offside decision was the only reason why we won the league - conveniently ignoring all the dodgy stuff going liverpool's way.

This shit is going to intensify as the season progresses, as long as the scum are in with a shout, after last night and the ensuing furore I would fucking love it if we won it on a single goal difference.......just imagine the torment.

But this time there will be a call by ALL the media that it would only be fair if we shared the trophy. After all there are two of them.

Lets be honest, this rule is no worse than a centre forward stealing a few yards on the defence thus being in an offside position when a ball is played wide, the wide player who is not offside takes the ball to the byline and 3 seconds later pulls it back. The centre forward has an advantage now being ahead of the defenders but is not deemed offside because he is behind the ball and gets a tap in, happens regularly, and an opposition player hasnt even touched the ball in the build up.

The above common scenario is no more a different phase of play than last night, I am just glad that the fat ref new the rule and implemented it correctly.

The hatred in the media is more to do with them all shitting themselves at us winning the league again, and they had built up hope of villa pulling off a draw/win shock. As someone has said, if penandez did that he would be seen as "savvy" and hailed a hero. I just wish it had been the only goal, as that would piss em off even more.

Totally agree.
The media, starting with various pundits last night, overreacting. Some say it is decisive to the league title. FFS, really?!

I agree not many knew the rule. Even Pep didn’t know it (sack him straight away).
Fact is, it IS a rule. Clubs agreed to the ruling. And were informed about it as clubs always are about new rulings. So why the fuzz. Unless it’s because it favoured us?? Noooh.

Someone punching the ball into the net and getting away with it is morally unpalatable. Somebody blatantly diving to get a penalty is morally unpalatable. Somebody play acting to get a player sent off is morally unpalatable. Somebody winning the ball back from another player is normal and honest. Rodri wouldn't have had a clue if he was offside or not when he made that challenge, he was just doing his job. He wouldn't care, why should he it isn't his responsibility, it's the officials and var. All these words like unpalatable, not fair, doesn't sit right, this feigned outrage are all used to sully our name as per usual and whip the cretins of other club's into a frenzy. THAT is what's unpalatable.
I found it 'morally reprehensible ' that the nation's journalists have got together en masse to criticise not just what was a good goal in terms of validity, but also a great goal on its execution.
I do my standard test of 'imagine what the media have said if it had been scored by a team in red?'. They would be praising the player in red for his quick-thinking not to mention the run and shot.
I wonder if we will get the usual 'there's not a bias, agenda prejudice, call it whatever you like' against City post on here.
The City Must be Stopped Campaign has started.

No doubt Blobby and the VAR team will be given a bollocking by the FArce & PiGMOL for allowing that goal, because none of the rest of the world would have been any wiser if it had been ruled out! Also that it paved the way for us to go on and win the game. Keeping the pressure on the top spot. It’s not what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.