Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I also add I don’t remember the media outcry when a Spurs player handled the ball into the net in a champions league quarter final? Blatantly obvious what happened but as it was City who were on the wrong end they were delighted with it.
They still call us bottlers cos of that game

"For example, let's imagine Rodri was in an offside position, the Villa keeper has the ball and throws it to Mings. Mings isn't looking however, it hits the back of his head and rebounds to Rodri, who is then judged to be offside as Mings is judged not to have played the ball deliberately."

You said he would be offside by a throw from the 'villa' keeper.

Where as it needs to be played by the opposition, he needs to be in front of the ball, and the ball has to be played forward.

0/3 aint bad.
Fair point. I didn't think that one through properly.

It was a goal, the referees opinion of the laws of the game say it was the right decision. It doesnt matter if you, me, the bbc, bt, or the pundits agree its offside or not. It's only an issue because it was us and it was the breakthrough goal. It counted, we won. The End.
even more amazing fact it was Moss

I found it 'morally reprehensible ' that the nation's journalists have got together en masse to criticise not just what was a good goal in terms of validity, but also a great goal on its execution.
I do my standard test of 'imagine what the media have said if it had been scored by a team in red?'. They would be praising the player in red for his quick-thinking not to mention the run and shot.
I wonder if we will get the usual 'there's not a bias, agenda prejudice, call it whatever you like' against City post on here.
The City Must be Stopped Campaign has started.

It's a joke and although there are many different reasons why the media hate us there can be no doubt that they do. Cracking goal by Bernardo and I wish a few more players would do similar when faced with the parked bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.