Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I thought that. Seemed a bit of a trivial cause for complaint.
Maybe testing the water, and seeing what reactions negative/positive occur?
Or
Just a small shot across the bows to start with?

I wonder what their source is? It seems a strange thing to complain about. Keane is just giving his opinion, which is subjective, and it's not as though he singles out City players for his criticism.

If City want to complain, why don't they start with many of the blatant lies about our club, or the bias shown, such as regularly reporting the price tags of our players, but not doing the same for players of other clubs.
No quotes from City or Sly, just typical Keegan nonsense and abuse from idiots in the comments section who obviously haven't read the article.

The MUEN just now when talking about KDB talking to City about a contract extension-

'Luckily for City, the Court of Arbitration for Sport allowed them to compete in the Champions League this season, and now De Bruyne has confirmed the news all City fans have been waiting for - that discussions have started over a new contract and he is more than happy to stay at the Etihad'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/de-bruyne-contract-man-city-19286434

Why were City lucky???

The MUEN just now when talking about KDB talking to City about a contract extension-

'Luckily for City, the Court of Arbitration for Sport allowed them to compete in the Champions League this season, and now De Bruyne has confirmed the news all City fans have been waiting for - that discussions have started over a new contract and he is more than happy to stay at the Etihad'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/de-bruyne-contract-man-city-19286434

Why were City lucky???
...and luckily for everyone else the Manchester Evening News is going bump.

Well well. Marcus Rashford gets glorified for asking for government for(ie our) money to feed hungry kids at the same time he is putting his own money into feathering his own nest sorry property portfolio.
And he says he is investing his money for his family's future and that seems to be ok with the fawning media. The same media that crucified our Raz for buying his widowed mother a house and having the audacity to call on his widowed mother who brought him up on her own, after he landed from working away from home.
It isn't the first time a rich man wanted to be charitable with the money of less well off to help the even worse off without doing much himself. The old 'do as I say not do as l do' ploy followed by 'l am doing it for my family.'
Worse still he caused Boris to do the decent thing over school meals and claim a bit of credibility at a time he needed it.
As he owns a significant part of Wilmslow he could be prospective Tory candidate for Tatton.

I wonder what their source is? It seems a strange thing to complain about. Keane is just giving his opinion, which is subjective, and it's not as though he singles out City players for his criticism.

If City want to complain, why don't they start with many of the blatant lies about our club, or the bias shown, such as regularly reporting the price tags of our players, but not doing the same for players of other clubs.
I agree 100 per cent. We need to pick our battles. Keane is just being Keane. We have had years of fake news, lies, bias, and smear campaigns and have done little to fight back. Why the sudden reaction now?

Finally City grow a pair but they have complained about the wrong thing, nobody cares what Keane thinks, least of all us lot.. There are far far bigger fish to fry when it comes to the media bias against us and some of the lies and shit they peddle... Walker was an idiot cutting across Mane to give him the chance to throw a triple salco for the pen...!
And Walker has been thick and an idiot on numerous occasions whilst playing for us, Keano is a wanker but he has a point about Kyle

Certainly seems a strange hill to choose, particularly given some of outright hostility, selective interpretation and barefaced lies propagated by the likes of Evans, Herbert etc post-CAS .
Perhaps it was at the player’s instigation rather than City’s? Certainly the snide “luckily” dig mentioned in the MUEN warrants a correction much more than Keane being Keane

Why were City lucky???
And if that us coming from our local paper what chance do we have with the nationals?
Oh and how exactly did CAS allow us to compete. I thought we qualified like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.