Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent piece by Joe Butterfield ripping into that one true Geordie fella who had spouted a load of shite about Pep on his YouTube channel

I was surprised Joe didn't make a bigger argument about the net spend per trophy ratio. Not quite sure what the exact comparison of all teams is under Pep to present but I think it would give True Geordie pause for thought. City have spent alot but they've also won a lot.

He softened his stance on City for a while, probably after getting a real sense of what's really going on(American owners' influence/control, Bien contracts-Qatar's influence etc) when the Newcastle takeover bid fell through. There was probably an element of realising what a hypocrite he'd look, taking digs as City at the same time as moaning about what was going on around the takeover too.

Looks like he's back to it now, brown nosing Lawrence and Liverpool for the views. Joe was spot on with the faux balance they try and bring to their anti-City debates. Lawrence not only trots out poor strawmen arguments(bats them up to be knocked down) but even when he does give one of the valid City arguments, he'll deliver it mockingly with his smug little expressions(making it easier to dismiss). For me that(Lawrence) is where Brian gets his sentiments from because he wasn't always like this, from what I've gathered.

Buvey being invited back, is probably because he isn't a facts person(really needs to brush up on some of his City knowledge in general), which makes it easier for them when they push an anti-city angle. That for me, is why Esteemed Kompany, Natalie etc aren't as welcome, because the Kick-Off regulars wont be as comfortable in a debate with them. Other reasons Buvey gets so many appearances are, being mates with Rory, can't really argue with that, chemistry is important you'd imagine. He's a "bantz" type guest, who doesn't take himself too seriously. I also think it's possibly because he's the type of fan their viewers can call plastic, which fits with their anti-city agenda.

Although, he does go to games and from what I understand and he is a lifelong fan, that just happens to not be from in or around Manchester. I actually feel sorry for him sometimes, with the amount of stick he gets from all corners. It can't be easy being a blue, with the people he surrounds himself with. Lets also not ignore, that it's not like Lawrence has a strong Liverpool accent either, is it? He also can't have been going to many games, if he's been hosting the kickoff every weekend, for the past; who knows how many years? Yet the social media twerps don't question any of that in the same ways.

Last edited:
I was surprised Joe didn't make a bigger argument about the net spend per trophy ratio. Not quite sure what the exact comparison of all teams is under Pep to present but I think it would give True Geordie pause for thought. City have spent alot but they've also won a lot.

He softened his stance on City for a while, probably after getting a real sense of what's really going on(American owners' influence/control, Bien contracts-Qatar's influence etc) when the Newcastle takeover bid fell through. There was probably an element of realising what a hypocrite he'd look, taking digs as City at the same time as moaning about what was going on around the takeover too.

Looks like he's back to it now, brown nosing Lawrence and Liverpool for the views. Joe was spot on with the faux balance they try and bring to their anti-City debates. Lawrence not only trots out poor strawmen arguments(bats them up to be knocked down) but even when he does give one of the valid City arguments, he'll deliver it mockingly with his smug little expressions. For me that's where Brian gets his sentiments from because he wasn't always like this from what I've gathered.

Buvey being invited back is probably because he isn't a facts person, which makes it easier for them when they push an anti-city angle. That for me is why Esteemed Kompany, Natalie etc aren't as welcome, because the Kick-Of regulars wont be as comfortable in a debate with them. Other reasons Buvey gets so many appearances is being mates with Rory, can't really argue with that, chemistry is important you'd imagine. He's a "bantz" type guest, who doesn't take himself too seriously. I also think it's possibly because he's the type of fan their viewers can call plastic.

Although, he does go to games and from what I understand, he is a lifelong fan, that just happens to not be from in or around Manchester. I actually feel sorry for him sometimes, with the amount of stick he gets from all corners. It can't be easy being a blue, with the people he surrounds himself with.
I used to like TrueGeordie and some of his non football stuff was good but my god he’s such an arse. Tries to play up the whole “we’re independent and great we’re not like the mainstream media” but he’s such a shit fucking version of like TalkSport if they watched games live. Obviously many viewers lap it up because they don’t care for facts, they see Man City = bad instantly back it up but hey what can we do

I used to like TrueGeordie and some of his non football stuff was good but my god he’s such an arse. Tries to play up the whole “we’re independent and great we’re not like the mainstream media” but he’s such a shit fucking version of like TalkSport if they watched games live. Obviously many viewers lap it up because they don’t care for facts, they see Man City = bad instantly back it up but hey what can we do
Yep, they'll argue they're not trying to be factual and their views are their own etc.

All we can really do is not watch, perhaps call them out when they're talking bollocks when it's brought to our attention. The fact that he has responded to Joe's article, means he does actually care a little bit too. Anyone can do that via the youtube comments to add a bit balance to their echo chamber. I do that on lots of channels... I'm glad I'm not on twitter really, as it can lead to lots of long pointless debates as it is, with many people who wont even concede facts when they're pointed out. Twitter seems on another level of that.

Last edited:
Yep they'll argue they're not trying to be factual and their views are their own etc.

All we can really do is not watch, perhaps call them out when they're talking bollocks when it's brought to our attention(the fact that he has responded means he does actually care a little bit too). Anyone can do that via the youtube comments to add a bit balance to their echo chamber. I do that on lots of channels... I'm glad I'm not on twitter really, as it can lead to lots of long pointless debates as it is, with many people who wont even concede facts when they're pointed out.
The worst thing is, the response will be “oh a City fan is so triggered that he wrote a whole article on someone’s opinion” rather than oh yeah this knuckle dragger is chatting out of his arse and being hypocritical once again

Remember those string vests they used to sell with the holes in? I had to wear one as a kid sometimes, I was told they were warmer as the holes circulated the air or something, I wasn't convinced, lol!
Don't believe sir Jimmy Saville how's about that then

Last edited:
Remember those string vests they used to sell with the holes in? I had to wear one as a kid sometimes, I was told they were warmer as the holes circulated the air or something, I wasn't convinced, lol!

My mum used to claim that too. She maintained that the string held off the next layer of clothing creating warm air pockets in the holes. I must have been more gullible than you because it was "scientific" enough to convince me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.