Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports reporters used to pride themselves on writing a well-crafted balanced report without the clear bias and partisanship that exists today. The quality of reporting went downhill when the PL and Sky appeared centre stage and some third rate hacks have contributed nothing more than oblivious determination to drag it further into the gutter than it now is. Hatchet jobs on clubs, particularly one I could mention, and individual players - Sterling is a classic example of how the RDAHMeedya got the knives in to the point where every fuckin' touch was booed by opposition fans who wouldn't have the faintest idea why they were booing. I also remember that moron Dirty Dan Wanker when he had the opportunity of fronting an FA Cup tie - Scunthorpe v MCFC became Scunny v The Money. Bastard.

I’d say the decline in printed media has contributed to the piss poor journalism out there. Having a set number of pages and creating the demand for a reader pay for it has been replaced by infinite numbers of articles about nothing being provided for free and funded by clicks. Any essay writer or blogger can get stuff published, I know a lad who got an article published in the evening news about how improved United were last season. He wasn’t to impressed when I torpedoed his theory highlighting they got exactly the same points as the season before.

The question is if it was 15-20 years ago when people still purchased papers, would we pay for the shite fan boy articles posted on daily on the internet we see today? Rupert Murdoch would be selling his printing plants and not bothering.

Good man, just hope you didn’t change to Sky.

Nope dont pay for sky or BT, my son does so can watch City matches ;) but I wont give them any money. It boils my piss that I have to pay for the bbc.
I wouldnt mind paying for some of the bbc, my guilt pleasure is watch ' not going out ' !. But I hate the fact that I pay for the bbc hatred towards City.

I’d say the decline in printed media has contributed to the piss poor journalism out there. Having a set number of pages and creating the demand for a reader pay for it has been replaced by infinite numbers of articles about nothing being provided for free and funded by clicks. Any essay writer or blogger can get stuff published, I know a lad who got an article published in the evening news about how improved United were last season. He wasn’t to impressed when I torpedoed his theory highlighting they got exactly the same points as the season before.

The question is if it was 15-20 years ago when people still purchased papers, would we pay for the shite fan boy articles posted on daily on the internet we see today? Rupert Murdoch would be selling his printing plants and not bothering.

Interesting thing about the press/media when I was a kid in the 70's. I very rarely saw anything about City in the press/media or on tv.

It was very local and living in kent you only heard of the London clubs, and The Big Match on sunday afternoon just covered London clubs.

My only news on City I would run home from school every Tuesday to read the football pink that my grandad would post down to us every Monday.

In fact most kids down saff didnt know City existed ! As City were call...you support ...... Man U City , the amount of fights I would get in by say no I support Man City not Man U City.

Mind you even commentators still call City , utd , bloody twats

Here’s what they’re like on commentary when you don’t usually get to see them.

Lolz at Neville’s reaction just after 2:40.

Wow, spit the dog is such an aggressive, nasty little man. He's absolutely determined to catch Neville s eye after the second goal but he won't give him the satisfaction.

Is it me or does spit look to have a healthy pallor at the start of the video but towards the end he looks like he's got seriously high blood pressure?

Interesting thing about the press/media when I was a kid in the 70's. I very rarely saw anything about City in the press/media or on tv.

It was very local and living in kent you only heard of the London clubs, and The Big Match on sunday afternoon just covered London clubs.

My only news on City I would run home from school every Tuesday to read the football pink that my grandad would post down to us every Monday.

In fact most kids down saff didnt know City existed ! As City were call...you support ...... Man U City , the amount of fights I would get in by say no I support Man City not Man U City.

Mind you even commentators still call City , utd , bloody twats

In the back end of the 80s when we were in the old division 2 you wouldn’t hear a mention of City, only on final score on Grandstand. We would get the evening news delivered and that was the only place you would hear about City, Kick Off on Friday nights would be the only time you would see any coverage of City. I do remember it was quite an event when we finally got picked for a live Sunday game on ITV and we got out arses handed to us 2-0 off Aston Villa. We got them back in the return fixture with Reidy though, what a day that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.