Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Scudamore could say publicly that it’s good for the premier league for the scum and dippers to win it, just Imagine what goes on behind closed doors

That and also "Things are in place to ensure a fresh/new winner every six years"
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Why has the press not gone mental over that statement alone?
He should have been pressed mercilessly to explain what that mechanism was.

It's comments above that fuel even the most relaxed and least paranoid fans.
This and the reluctance from the press to pursue it like they do with every negative titbit about us.

Last edited:
Wasn’t it Neville who first employed the ‘tactical fouling’ phrase? That’s certainly where I first recall hearing it used on Sky wrt Ferna

No it was Maureen when at United. He used it before an upcoming game against us. He wanted to effectively take Fernandinho out of the game.
The pundits knew all teams did it, but chose to only highlight us doing it.

Last edited:
I see, so to be sure you dont think large scale organisations such as BT/SKY/BBC are organising bias but it maybe at a lower level between pundits or journalists etc?

Again it would not shock me if that was the case.

However, I often think, fans, think sports journalists have more, or should have more knowledge than they actually have.

Case in point being the Garth Crooks team of the week. Fans get annoyed player X is not in the team after he has had a blinder as if Garth Crooks has watched all 9 matches to make his assessment rather than just picked up a few papers, seen who has scored, assisted and cobbled a column together based on that.

Which takes me to my point. Instead of ‘collusion’ it could often be journalists reading articles by peers and following that thought process as it gains traction as a viewpoint.

Sam Lee was probably guilty of that with following his peers with regards the CAS ruling. I doubt he was ‘colluding’ in the sense that you mean, even though he reached the same opinion, but bowed to the knowledge of his peers and constructed his viewpoint based on that.

As humans we do it all the time. For example over the last week Liverpools failings upfront are being, linked, to the poor form of the fullbacks, and now its gaining traction.

The tactical fouling was probably something similar rather than a number of individuals sitting in a room inventing a narrative. Of course not helped by Arteta’s comment on the Amazon Doc or Rodris reported comments about tactical fouling,

Your whole post is as always with you, absolute bollòcks.

But just to highlight your last paragraph on tactical fouling, you actually blame City, absolutely laughable.

The whole tactical fouling narrative was started and repeated ad nauseam by Neville and his assistant fùckwit Tyler, Sky then repeated this at every opportunity by inviting all and sundry to comment on City’s tactical fouling, this then became the accepted norm when referring to is in every game reported which involved us, though one paper actually printed the table for tactical fouling and who would believe it, liverpool were at the top, but still to hear them referred to in this way.

Sky consistently invite repeated comments on incidents involving us, ranging from Bernardos tweet to the goal against Aston Villa and everything in between, it’s deliberate and sole purpose is to put into the general public perception we are rule breakers and cheats who buy their way to success, therefore not ‘earned it’.

I don’t really give s**t about the commentators but when spurs played marine they never once mentioned the price tag of players - I counted 3 times last night with us
It's fair enough to mention the price tag but where is the context that we started five players who cost us virtually nothing namely: Foden, Garcia, Steffen, Zinchenko, Harwood-Bellis, and Doyle. To present information in such an unbalanced way is just dishonest.
The BBC also got it wrong by saying Dias cost £61m but it was £46m plus Otamendi. They did the same with Cancelo who actually cost us £30m plus Danilo. So in the real world we bought Dias and Cancelo for less than United paid for Harry Maguire. It was fantastic business but doesn't fit the false narrative that somehow we are profligate with our spending.

That and also "Things are in place to ensure a fresh/new winner every six years"
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Why has the press not gone metal over that statement alone?
He should have been pressed mercifully to explain what that mechanism was.

It's comments above that fuel even the most relaxed and least paranoid fans.
This and the reluctance from the press to pursue it like they do with every negative tit bit about us.
I think Scudamore referred to it as a 'strategic plan', and it was practically brushed under the carpet by everyone.

I think Scudamore referred to it as a 'strategic plan', and it was practically brushed under the carpet by everyone.

Since leaving the Premier League he was headhunted and championed by Simon Pearce to provide a consultancy service to the A league in Australia. Clearly City had no issue with his statement or the bloke himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.