Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they investigating how Matt Busby 'persuaded' Duncan Edwards's parents to get him to sign for United rather than Wolves who he had been associated for some years? Apparently buying a house for the parents was acceptable back then!
Dennis Violet's family aren't too happy to hear this, all they got was a fridge and a washing machine!

tbh I'd be careful what you wish for going back that far, they all did that.

Also, there was a video of an ex city player openly admitting to taking a bribe to throw a game on one of the threads the other week, his name has escaped me now, I want to say Roy Paul but not sure if that was right tbh

it's a wonder they don't try to dock points off us this season for cheating 40/50 years ago lol
Roy Paul was believed by some to organize the fixing of City games. The method was:
Wait until the last third of the season. If City had nothing to play for, but the opponents needed the points, approach them with a 'proposition.'
I have no idea whether this is true; perhaps our historian can throw some light on it. Calling @Gary James.

Last edited:
Roy Paul was believed by some to organize the fixing of City games. The method was:
Wait until the last third of the season. If City had nothing to play for, but the opponents needed the points, approach them with a 'proposition.'
I have no idea whether this is true; perhaps our historian can throw some light on it. Calling @Gary James.
Somebody put a video up of a city player he looked old admitting it on camera, I was just guessing the name was Roy Paul from memory, it was only last week or the week before, I would have searched for it but god knows what thread it was under lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.