Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m calling it now so we can all look back at this post.

If we build an unassailable lead at the top of the league, the media will start calling en masse for the season to be postponed.

I guaren-fucking-tee it right here and now.

Ignore the precedent of last season. The narrative will quickly change overnight to ‘why are we playing football when people are dying’.

Clear as fucking day, this will happen.

Of course we’re the picture yet he’s states:

‘There were goal celebrations involving Sheffield United, Manchester United, Manchester City and Fulham this week.’

I'm guessing (unless it's changed since) that it's the two articles listed regarding goal celebrations.

The first (Referees told to remind captains of social-distancing rules) has a picture of the dippers being oh so proper.

The second (Guardiola: Following Covid-19 protocols by not hugging is too tough for players) of course has the picture from last night.

There is a third that claims 'Foden firing City's title resurgence' which even the commentators last night admitted is not a resurgence as we've always been there, it's just circumstances and games in hand that's made it look worse. Interesting that yet again they made mention of how good our defence is while gushing over Dias & Stones. It's only the idiots that are still going with the 'City are easy to get at' line.
Of course there’s been a resurgence. After at home to West Brom, Liverpool beat Palace 7-0 away immediately before we ran out at an in form Southampton.

We needed to win at Southampton to go 8 behind them with one game in hand.

The same game in hand is still there but now it’s to go 2 points above them.

They’ve started to drop points regularly and we haven’t dropped any since that day. That is a resurgence.

If we build an unassailable lead at the top of the league, the media will start calling en masse for the season to be postponed.

Ignore the precedent of last season. The narrative will quickly change overnight to ‘why are we playing football when people are dying’.

Oh yeah agree but while the scum are in contention the games will be played will be the narrative!
Oh if they do stop football they’ll go back to that foden goal last night where our team was celebrating together and say there where it started.

I am sure I read something that if there are 25 games played and it has be be cancelled, then that constitutes a season.

Of course there’s been a resurgence. After at home to West Brom, Liverpool beat Palace 7-0 away immediately before we ran out at an in form Southampton.

We needed to win at Southampton to go 8 behind them with one game in hand.

The same game in hand is still there but now it’s to go 2 points above them.

They’ve started to drop points regularly and we haven’t dropped any since that day. That is a resurgence.
Sorry, can't agree that every time a team drop any points then the moment they win a game it's suddenly a 'resurgence'. If we'd lost 4 or 5 on the trot maybe...

Sorry, can't agree that every time a team drop any points then the moment they win a game it's suddenly a 'resurgence'. If we'd lost 4 or 5 on the trot maybe...
It’s not a single game though.

Before Southampton, we’d dropped 9 points from 6 league games. Dropped points in 4 out of 6 league matches.

Since Southampton, we’ve won all 4 league matches, won a quarter final and a semi final.

Lmao am I living in the twilight zone? City and Fulham flouted the rules? As did every other club in the premier league you absolute fucking tramps lmao
The agenda is clear but so is our rise to the top of English football. We can’t fart without an article. We are CITY, super CITY from MAINE rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.