Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine those moaning about this season's semi-final line up want the traditional Bayern, Barcelona and Real...with either United or Liverpool as the English representative.

1997/98 was when Real Madrid won the Champions League for the first time in 32 years, since then there has only been:
One season when none of the 5 teams mentioned above have appeared in the semi-finals
Two seasons none of them appeared in the final
Five seasons where none of them won it.

It's now 14 seasons in a row that at least one of Bayern, Barcelona or Real have reached the Champions League semi-final (06/07 was the last time none of them appeared in the last 4). Only once in the last 10 seasons have none of the three reached the final.

This is what City, PSG and Chelsea have had to break.

Was it CBS? Jim Proudfoot & Andy Townsend?

I remember Townsend shouting “Get in” when Sergio completed his hat-trick against the German rags a few years ago, so he always gets well received by me, and Guy Mowbray loves us. His bio says he’s a York City fan, but he could pass for a Blue!

I imagine those moaning about this season's semi-final line up want the traditional Bayern, Barcelona and Real...with either United or Liverpool as the English representative.

1997/98 was when Real Madrid won the Champions League for the first time in 32 years, since then there has only been:
One season when none of the 5 teams mentioned above have appeared in the semi-finals
Two seasons none of them appeared in the final
Five seasons where none of them won it.

It's now 14 seasons in a row that at least one of Bayern, Barcelona or Real have reached the Champions League semi-final (06/07 was the last time none of them appeared in the last 4). Only once in the last 10 seasons have none of the three reached the final.

This is what City, PSG and Chelsea have had to break.
Mind blowing stats!
And then the media have the cheek to say this years semi-finalists are so predictable!! Hilarious really!

I remember Townsend shouting “Get in” when Sergio completed his hat-trick against the German rags a few years ago, so he always gets well received by me, and Guy Mowbray loves us. His bio says he’s a York City fan, but he could pass for a Blue!
I recommend you listen to a re-run of their commentary last night, biggest pair of shithouses going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.