Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are sounding like dippers on here with this persecution complex
4th tier cheltenham gave us a game. We had just enough to pull through. Of course the media will paint it as a positive for the plucky underdogs.

anyone need any fanny wipes ?
Yes you are right, the media treat us really well, perhaps slightly better than they do united and liverpool

4th tier cheltenham gave us a game. We had just enough to pull through. Of course the media will paint it as a positive for the plucky underdogs.

Yeah I'm not really sure what people are expecting with the coverage?

Sounds like a 12 years old girl speaking can’t take her seriously and I tend to mute when she is commentating. Speaks the same cliche sentences that they all do.

Pat Nevin is the best one out there.
Absolutely, most of the clowns on this show can barely string a coherent sentence together, they speak in bullet points.

That does not mean we should be subject to a constant load of negative shite from the media nearly all the time.
Sometimes l wonder if your surname is Rashford with the negativity of many of your posts.

Very true, in relation to the match, it was always going to be billed as a David and Goliath clash and of course the transfer fees of our players in comparison was going to be used as a barometer to highlight it.

Some valid points on here about media coverage, but the relevant points often get diluted due to the shear volume of pointless whinging.

Imagine what it was like in Edinburgh!! The only occasional mention was when a Scottish player did something good ..or bad.
I concur. As an out of town City fan in the late 70s and 80s ,getting to hear anything about us was difficult.i used to get excited watching England matches just to hear the commentator say " Manchester Citys Dave watson" or Big Joe Corrigan of Manchester City" on one of the raree occasions he would get a game ahead of Shilton or Clemence.

Things got much more interesting when City signed Trevor francis...now i had the chance of a City player actually scoring a goal!!!
When a City player scored for england it was time to go mental,not just at the goal but glow with pride at the fact your favourite team was behind it.i can remember watching Francis and tony Woodcock get two goals apeice for england in a 4nil away victory in the old home internationals around 1980...i think England beat wales..

I still felt proud watching old footage of Colin Bell scoring a fine goal against Scotland at wembley in 1975.

In the 80s ,i was so disgusted with the threadbare coverage of city in my local editions of the national l press,i pleaded with Manchester mates to send me copies of the football reports from The manchester Evening News,or ask my mates to save them up for me at their houses so i could read when i visited next time...@blue2112 will remember me walking into his house on many occasion and grabbing a pile of old newspapers and advidly reading through them each time i visited ..waiting for the kettle to boil for a brew.

My interest in the media has diminushed markedly over the years.
Got no time for the lets pretend City dont exist mantra.
Childish...especially when young Foden has 9 goals to his name and is outscoring older, more experienced or expensive signings in the top league..ie The ox,Grealish Pogba and bruno the diver over at trafford.

You want to read some of the very justifiable criticism before trotting out the usual clichés? The old one being fanny wipes and the new one being we have a persecution complex.

We are talking about very well paid so called professional sportsman and journalists making glaring errors. One saying their captain inspired them to victory when it was an almost victory. The other, although I haven't seen this one, saying they led in the game for 80 minutes when they didn't, they led for just over 20 minutes.

Given the absolute shit we have to put up with from the media I'd say we have a right to be a little touchy. Also not one single person I have read in a thread on here after the game had anything but praise for Cheltenham and we're quite happy for the media to do the same.

Oh here's another one for you. The constant referencing at the cost of our players in comparison to theirs and almost every other team we play, when other expensively assembled squads don't get the same treatment.

Now I'll go and use a wipe again.

Very true, in relation to the match, it was always going to be billed as a David and Goliath clash and of course the transfer fees of our players in comparison was going to be used as a barometer to highlight it.

Some valid points on here about media coverage, but the relevant points often get diluted due to the shear volume of pointless whinging.
Its called opinion.
And we are all entitled to one.including you.;)
Tbf...you repeat yourself on here more than i do ,you must be old bitter senile Blue like me,so i have sympathy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.