Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds brilliant mate and what a privilege it must have been to meet a legend like Tommy Hearns, one of the true boxing greats..

Manny Steward must have had a million stories to tell too..

Btw, who hasn't got a dodgy shirt or 2 in their wardrobe.. ha!

The boxing pack used to refer to him as Manny Bullshit, because he always had these outlandish stories, but it was clear how he held the room when he spoke.

Tommy Hearns actually signed a personal photo to me, still have it in the loft somewhere. Such a class act, Tiffany diamond earring in his ear, Valentino suit, silk handkerchief in his top pocket.

Was stunned by how tall he was and made me appreciate him even more, winning titles up and down the weights like he did.

I've never really done starstruck down the years.

Certainly not footballers.

Along with Tommy The Hitman, the only other sportsperson I felt myself humbled to be in the presence of was the runner Michael Johnson when he visited the Etihad a few years back.

I felt myself just gravitating nearer to him just to get a proper look.

Oh, and Eugenie Bouchard and her sister at a tennis piss up, but that would be obvious to most.

There’s a bar over here that was rag central and use to use it to watch us a few years ago. The owner was a rag from Salford and had 5 screens showing the games. Went in last night for the first time in a while and it has new owners. Asked the landlord if he was still showing matches and he told me he would be removing his system after the new year because it costs him €500 a month and doesn’t get the foot fall anymore. I said what about all the rags that use to come in? He said the last rag game only one person asked for the rags game and he wasn’t even a fan. Must be boring being a raggie these days.

Plenty of empty seats at the swamp in the relegation battle last night.
Not highlighted by the media of course.
And as per many many other times when there are swath’s of empty seats at The leaky roof, the attendance figure at the bottom of the lineups page of the match report on the BBC website is absent … gotta suppress the negatives and push the positives at all times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.