Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Gem from Sky (on now)
Sir Marcus of Rashford is a national treasure
And it doesn't matter who you support!

I'm going to be sick
Sir Findus Rashford gets paid hundreds of thousand of pounds a week to play football, but he's never been a standout player by any means. As for his off the field antics there are literally thousands of people who devote large chunks of their time volunteering and don't seek recompense or recognition.

I can only think of a single reason why he gets the coverage he does...

At least he knew of him, more than most journos and sad to say ex players did. Mind you many English players who had played against him never got near enough him to recognise him let alone know his name.
Silva and City what a perfect combination. We've had some crackers but Golden Silva was the one who really was El Magico making me have so many many 'how did he do that?' Moments, leaving me purring like our old ginger Tom on a Friday.

If you or I devoted our lives to good causes, we would only get recognition for those lives immediately impacted by our actions. Similarly, if we wrote to the PM, our letter would be filed very quickly.

It takes people with a media profile to garner support from the masses and this is exactly what Rashford has done, to his great credit.

By all means, criticise him on a footballing basis because he's not been very good, albeit that he would be very welcome at Swindon. However, I think it's churlish in the extreme to criticise his efforts off the field because they resulted in significant benefits for those with no voice.

If you or I devoted our lives to good causes, we would only get recognition for those lives immediately impacted by our actions. Similarly, if we wrote to the PM, our letter would be filed very quickly.

It takes people with a media profile to garner support from the masses and this is exactly what Rashford has done, to his great credit.

By all means, criticise him on a footballing basis because he's not been very good, albeit that he would be very welcome at Swindon. However, I think it's churlish in the extreme to criticise his efforts off the field because they resulted in significant benefits for those with no voice.

Swindon are probably a level too high for him :-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.