Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch MOTD because I'd already watched all the games and every single game this weekend went against us but I've seen the headlines this morning and I see that Shearer and Lineker have criticised the decision. Good. I was flabbergasted that the VAR and then the on field ref could watch the video footage and then consider that that was a oen. Jota should have been booked for simulation. He knew exactly what he was doing. That experienced referees can not see this is worrying, or more worrying, they can see it and yet feel a compulsion to give the decision in Liverpool's way.

This should be the death knell for VAR. I find it a little surprising that the media isn't all over VAR by now. There were some quite ridiculous decisions at the weekend and leaving aside our City and Liverpool bias, why is it still operational?
What's that song? - I only have eyes for yooooooooo, and yer fuckin' hideous coloured shirt! (Which appeared to be bright yellow yesterday, but the laundry women have washed 'em on too high a temperature!)

You can guarantee the furore around Jota's dive will soon die down , unlike the Goons non penalty last week which was played on a loop by Sky for days and every football discussion in the media gave it a mention.
Because it is ClubShopKlopp and the Dippers , it will soon be forgotten as "these things even themselves out over a season" bollocks.
Our success is cutting like a knife and the Premier league , media , PGMOL will do their utmost to prevent another procession to a title , expect many more Jota and KDB type penalty decisions where the Dippers will benefit and we will suffer
Ultimately it will not make a jot of difference , because our manager and squad of players are far superior to any other in this league.

You can guarantee the furore around Jota's dive will soon die down , unlike the Goons non penalty last week which was played on a loop by Sky for days and every football discussion in the media gave it a mention.
Because it is ClubShopKlopp and the Dippers , it will soon be forgotten as "these things even themselves out over a season" bollocks.
Our success is cutting like a knife and the Premier league , media , PGMOL will do their utmost to prevent another procession to a title , expect many more Jota and KDB type penalty decisions where the Dippers will benefit and we will suffer
Ultimately it will not make a jot of difference , because our manager and squad of players are far superior to any other in this league.
I haven't seen any mention of Bruno's dive in the media this morning.

I didn't watch MOTD because I'd already watched all the games and every single game this weekend went against us but I've seen the headlines this morning and I see that Shearer and Lineker have criticised the decision. Good. I was flabbergasted that the VAR and then the on field ref could watch the video footage and then consider that that was a oen. Jota should have been booked for simulation. He knew exactly what he was doing. That experienced referees can not see this is worrying, or more worrying, they can see it and yet feel a compulsion to give the decision in Liverpool's way.

This should be the death knell for VAR. I find it a little surprising that the media isn't all over VAR by now. There were some quite ridiculous decisions at the weekend and leaving aside our City and Liverpool bias, why is it still operational?
Rags need it to get into the Top 4 otherwise it would be in the bin.

What's that song? - I only have eyes for yooooooooo, and yer fuckin' hideous coloured shirt! (Which appeared to be bright yellow yesterday, but the laundry women have washed 'em on too high a temperature!)
I thought that old Dick Powell song went - 'I only have eyes for you/ But you should see what I've got for your sister'..?!

There is only one decent journalist out there and that is Mr Samuels.

Tells it how it is, no bias, no agenda, no racial undertones like deloony and nostrils Harris, no snidey digs like ladyman and herbert, no letting the team they follow influence them like lieu, ogden or stone.

The sports journalists in this country are an embarrassment, bitter and twisted pieces they post ,we in week out without any groundwork or research, just personal grudges given a platform by social media to spew their bile about us.

Fuck the lot of them.
Until Chelsea and now City, the teams in red dominated for a couple of generations. The time coincided with tv exposure and the rise of social media. For too long, red success was the go to easy story until the arrival of the "nasty cheating" teams in blue spoiled the party by winning things and making money at the expense of the red history teams and their acolytes who see the writing on the wall.

What we are seeing is a rearguard spoiling action as the war to maintain the status quo has been lost. The young generation never saw the red dominance and see City as one of the biggest and best football clubs in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.