Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a Villa fan giving it large on twitter how City aren’t a big club. Some City fan mentioned we’ve had higher average attendances than them going back decades, apart from a few seasons here and there. The deluded twat was presented with evidence and still couldn’t accept that City are a bigger club than Villa. It’s amazing what the media can do to a club’s reputation, a lot of people genuinely think we’ve got shit support despite averaging 40k and over for nearly 20 years. It’s not just the criticism of our fan base, we’re apparently cheats, money launderers, boring football, we’ve destroyed English football. Fuck me, the list is endless. I get annoyed when reading idiots talking shit about City, but I snap out of it quickly and realise we’re the team at the top, playing with wonderful football created by a genius manager. Bloody love oil money.
Some of them are right weird, the hate they have for City is utterly bizarre. Sure City bought some of their players(Barry, Milner, Delph, Grealish) but that can't be it(not even Arsenal fans act as salty as them). Villa made good money on all those deals and it's not like they were knocked off any perch. You'd think their drop off would have humbled them in recent times but nope. I must admit though, I do find some of their disingenuous/poorly researched arguments entertaining to respond to(especially when they try and skew statistics).

I had one saying City are flying, playing great football etc, so we should be embarrassed that we aren't packed to the rafters every week because they would be.

"We aren't even title contenders and we sell out every week. We have a 20k waiting list[which is free, with no obligation] so we'd have higher attendances than you if our expansion was done."

Of course, we know they have a smaller stadium and so does he(should be easier to fill). They are the biggest most successful club in their whole region. Birmingham has twice the population of Manchester. The biggest rivals in their region are Wolves and West Brom. No disrespect to those but City's are United and Liverpool(does everyone forget what City are up against?). The links to London are better, the distance is shorter. Villa are enjoying their biggest resurgence in years. They have less games to attend over all. They have every reason to be filling their stadium every game, if they are even half as big as they say they are. I actually think Wolves have a far better atmosphere at their stadium though, for what it's worth.

Then he went back to cup attendances in the 50s for Villa, for some reason. I pointed out that City averaged 5k more in the league that decade and City spent one of those seasons in Div 2, where they did not. City's own cup attendances weren't bad either. 223k though the gates(total) in the FA Cup winning season, that wasn't far off their best in the 50s(230k when they won it). That's without mentioning the records set by City in the 20s and 30s.

I still haven't forgot that Villa fan from the League Cup final: "How dare these City fans celebrate beating us in a final. I'm gonna punch this little kid in the face now" Beyond entitled. The media have played a part in fuelling hatred like this.

Last edited:
So now we are sitting in a commanding position to win the Premier League again. The Press are peddling that City are to blame for making the league uncompetitive. City can spend what they like, City have a bottomless pit of money, it’s unfair and we want our ball back.

A quick internet search reveals that apart from Brentford, Burnley(?), Leeds(?), Norwich and Watford, every other club in the Premier League has Billionaire owners.

Our owner had the initial good fortune of being able to invest in the club before the Cartel pestered UEFA to introduce FFP. From what I can gather on Bluemoon, Sheikh Mansour has invested £1.5bn of his own money, the vast majority of which was during the initial phase of our meteoric rise. Now we are able to generate more money through sponsorship, TV and prize money than any other club in the league including the scum and it is too late to stop us.

There are 15 other clubs currently in the Premier League who through proper vision and management could do the same as City with the same kind of investment, unfortunately for them FFP prevents them from doing so.

It’s not City that’s made the league uncompetitive, (although it’s not), it’s the cartel and their continued zealous protection of FFP in its current guise, and their sycophantic press puppets.

I am really missing watching us play at the minute. Our football is incredible to watch and I hope Pep signs a long extension to really boil the piss.
That will teach them to bend over and take it for the 'big 4' and vote in their favour, the short-sighted fools.

100% correct!

They think when we want a player we click our fingers and our owner buys them out of his own pocket!

In fact when we needed money we actually took out a massive loan! We didn’t ask our owner for it because we are run like any other big business.
“Unlimited resources” is the favourite phrase of the WhatsApp group
We (thankfully as it turned out) lost out on Ronaldo, Kane, Maguire, Sanchez, Fred, Van Persie, Hazzard etc due to finance. We wouldn’t pay the numbers but others would.
These fucking cretins don’t stand up to even the most basic logical scrutiny

I recently listened to live at red rocks:Under a blood red sky, I'd forgotten how good they used to be.
Not ‘cool’ to say nowadays but they were a genuinely great band in their early days, first gig I ever went to was them supporting SLF at the Apollo. Think it might have been filmed for TV?
The very young U2 blew the main act off the stage.
What a shame they got rich, fat and lazy but understandable I guess

Not ‘cool’ to say nowadays but they were a genuinely great band in their early days, first gig I ever went to was them supporting SLF at the Apollo. Think it might have been filmed for TV?
The very young U2 blew the main act off the stage.
What a shame they got rich, fat and lazy but understandable I guess
They get stale after a time, I guess it is hard to keep the magic coming time after time, Red Rocks was one of the first albums I bought on cassette lol I was 11 and got a cassette player for my birthday.

Some of them are right weird, the hate they have for City is utterly bizarre. Sure City bought some of their players(Barry, Milner, Delph, Grealish) but that can't be it(not even Arsenal fans act as salty as them). Villa made good money on all those deals and it's not like they were knocked off any perch. You'd think their drop off would have humbled them in recent times but nope. I must admit though, I do find some of their disingenuous/poorly researched arguments entertaining to respond to(especially when they try and skew statistics).

I had one saying City are flying, playing great football etc, so we should be embarrassed that we aren't packed to the rafters every week because they would be.

"We aren't even title contenders and we sell out every week. We have a 20k waiting list[which is free, with no obligation] so we'd have higher attendances than you if our expansion was done."

Of course, we know they have a smaller stadium and so does he(should be easier to fill). They are the biggest most successful club in their whole region. Birmingham has twice the population of Manchester. The biggest rivals in their region are Wolves and West Brom. No disrespect to those but City's are United and Liverpool(does everyone forget what City are up against?). The links to London are better, the distance is shorter. Villa are enjoying their biggest resurgence in years. They have less games to attend over all. They have every reason to be filling their stadium every game, if they are even half as big as they say they are. I actually think Wolves have a far better atmosphere at their stadium though, for what it's worth.

Then he went back to cup attendances in the 50s for Villa, for some reason. I pointed out that City averaged 5k more in the league that decade and City spent one of those seasons in Div 2, where they did not. City's own cup attendances weren't bad either. 223k though the gates(total) in the FA Cup winning season, that wasn't far off their best in the 50s(230k when they won it). That's without mentioning the records set by City in the 20s and 30s.

I still haven't forgot that Villa fan from the League Cup final: "How dare these City fans celebrate beating us in a final. I'm gonna punch this little kid in the face now" Beyond entitled. The media have played a part in fuelling hatred like this.
It was my graph on Twitter that the other guy referred to.

Attachments

• 2E838CC4-8360-4B09-ABCC-29D5B8F9831A.jpeg
    2E838CC4-8360-4B09-ABCC-29D5B8F9831A.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 122
“Unlimited resources” is the favourite phrase of the WhatsApp group
We (thankfully as it turned out) lost out on Ronaldo, Kane, Maguire, Sanchez, Fred, Van Persie, Hazzard etc due to finance. We wouldn’t pay the numbers but others would.
These fucking cretins don’t stand up to even the most basic logical scrutiny
We also walked away from buying Mahrez for a fee of around £90m before eventually signing him for a much lower fee. Unsure how far we got to signing a marquee CB before opting for Dias, but that also worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.