Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit late to the show but I found this tweet interesting, particularly considering the mature response to the 2020 CAS judgement on City...

Hasn't he got it arse backwards anyway? We were laughing at him being called as an expert in anything before he "announced" his little project?

Still reading Nick?

Agree, probably their best song. Maybe too personal to be anything other than a B-side?
Absolutely brilliant song, not listened to it for years. I agree it's probably their best, they have some absolute gems that weren't singles - always liked Bullet the Blue Sky and Until the End of the World (post-cowboy hat though), and Unforgettable Fire (although I think that might have actually been a single).

U2 get thrown in with Queen and Coldplay as the bands it's cool to hate (justified in Queen and Coldplay's case imo), but I think it clouds people's judgement of U2, they've got an incredible back catalogue.

Slightly going off topic here but last night I flicked over to BT at half time of the old firm and found a rerun of City beating Peps Bayern at the Etihad.
Great game and result but what was even more striking was the commentary.
As Aguero went through and scored the winner in injury time (his hatrick) Andy Townsend shouts "get in".
Fast forward a few years and the change from positive commentary to now negative commentary on our games is huge.
Was BT being nice at the time as they didn't see us as much of a threat in champs league back then?
If so why are they wankers with us now when we still haven't won it?
The hate started when Pep joined. Non if human rights, bungs, state owned, none of it mattered until the 2nd season when it became clear Pep WOULD ruin the premier hierarchy.

When Pep leaves non of it will matter again.

Its been marvelous watching them cry, its been the time of my life watching City win all the stuff they would normally win, and then watching them cry again. I'v absolutely loved going onto opposition forums just to see their anguish and bitterness.

“Unlimited resources” is the favourite phrase of the WhatsApp group
We (thankfully as it turned out) lost out on Ronaldo, Kane, Maguire, Sanchez, Fred, Van Persie, Hazzard etc due to finance. We wouldn’t pay the numbers but others would.
These fucking cretins don’t stand up to even the most basic logical scrutiny
RVP as I was told was down to Bobby Manc not getting back in touch with him, hence his later move to the rags.
Not looking for an argument if you know better :-)

RVP as I was told was down to Bobby Manc not getting back in touch with him, hence his later move to the rags.
Not looking for an argument if you know better :-)
I thought we just consciously reined in our spending?
Mancini really was stitched up with that window, an absolute shocker when you have just won the league

5C417593-4BCF-499E-A5DB-897416D3BA7D.jpeg

Mancini really was stitched up with that window, an absolute shocker when you have just won the league

View attachment 35791
Other than Maicon, I was reasonably happy, I thought it was the start of buying young talent and keeping going well.

sadly the talent wasn’t forthcoming, though I liked what I saw of nastasic

BT Sport 2: 4pm to 11:30pm

continuous highlights of 9 separate Liverpool CL
victories

tells you everything you need to know about that dipper loving station

View attachment 35791
F**k me 1 and 3 send shivers down my spine :-(
I agree, but the two we were always linked with never showed and the end of that season prior to the FA cup prior to kick off I think most blues knew Bobby was on his way.

BT Sport 2: 4pm to 11:30pm

continuous highlights of 9 separate Liverpool CL
victories

tells you everything you need to know about that dipper loving station
Just warming up for a frenzied media backing of the dippers for the business end of the season.

Blatant yank loving twat$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.