Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still reckon 0-2 at Bury in the 72-73 League Cup was worse.
We were falling apart by the time we played Halifax and lost 1-0. When we played Bury we'd finished the previous season just one point behind the champions. - Both Bury and Halifax were in the fourth division when we played them.
I'm sure some will put in a shout for 0-3 at third division Bolton in 71-72, but at least I didn't go to that one.
Not sure about that Ged. Technically you may be right but Halifax was a defining moment for many of us who were Citt daft teenagers. I think the litmus test is do you think back to the Bury result and bang your head repeatedly against a table or the Halifax one?

I thought you were being sarcastic as I'd seen Aguero's comments elsewhere. Talk about twisting the facts to suit their narrative.

It’s the weirdest reporting, think the words ‘sly dig’ are in their headlines. When there’s zero such ‘sly dig’ more Aguero saying that Alvarez is probably best not confined to the no.9 role as he is a player that likes to roam & ‘brake the lines’.

Not sure about that Ged. Technically you may be right but Halifax was a defining moment for many of us who were Citt daft teenagers. I think the litmus test is do you think back to the Bury result and bang your head repeatedly against a table or the Halifax one?
I think Halifax got more coverage as it was the FA Cup rather than the League Cup. Also Halifax were perceived as a permanent fixture in the bottom division while Bury yo-yoed between the third and forth with occasional visits to the second so the defeat seemed worse.
However, I was at school in Whitefield and 95% of the support was split fairly evenly between City, Bury, Bolton and the rags. Consequently I got severe grief from the Bury fans for a long time after that defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.