Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should probably put this here to...

What-Does-KEKW-Mean-On-Twitch-KEKW-Meaning-Explained.png

Why the fuck would 14 or 15 clubs give a shit whether the title was won by January. Similarly i dont see City or the dippers being grateful that Everton and brentford are so shit that they keep the relegation fight going till the end

Should probably put this here to...

What-Does-KEKW-Mean-On-Twitch-KEKW-Meaning-Explained.png

When we went 9 points ahead they cried about the title race being over.

Now it’s 9 points with 10 fewer games to play and they’re saying the title is back on and Klopp is a genius.

We are stuck in this never ending cycle of the league being on or off depending on which gets more clicks completely divorced from the actual points gap.

I’ve e asked it before and I’ll ask it again,how does Dion Dublin get work ?
In 2015 the bbc applied for and got a grant. It was part of a diversity programme to help ethnic minority people break into TV.
I think it was meant originally meant to help young, disadvantaged possibly unemployed people.

Dion Dublin got the the grant for Homes Under The Hammer.

In 2015 the bbc applied for and got a grant. It was part of a diversity programme to help ethnic minority people break into TV.
I think it was meant originally meant to help young, disadvantaged possibly unemployed people.

Dion Dublin got the the grant for Homes Under The Hammer
Is this really true?

Dion Dublin got the the grant for Homes Under The Hammer.
I don’t know if you’re joking about Dion and HUTH !! Assuming you’re not, the bbc surely can’t make a serious argument that there were no other more suitable BAME candidates for that job.

As an aside, the BBC must also have got a much bigger grant to help women absolutely dominate its sports coverage regardless of their suitability for the roles they fill in many cases.

I don’t know if you’re joking about Dion and HUTH !! Assuming you’re not, the bbc surely can’t make a serious argument that there were no other more suitable BAME candidates for that job.

As an aside, the BBC must also have got a much bigger grant to help women absolutely dominate its sports coverage regardless of their suitability for the roles they fill in many cases.
One correction I should make is the BBC fund the project, they did not apply to an outside body.
But yes Dublin, despite earning millions got 50k instead of a young BAME person.

At the least the licence fee is being well spent.

Yes. Google it.
The BBC Diversity Talent Fund.
The Guardian reported the amount was 50k
Just did and you are correct.
You'd think it would go to someone who is less well off. I have no dislike to Dion as a footballer or person but surely there are more deserving candidates.
Apart from Homes under the Hammer and his footballing shows, he has been on Tipping Point, Catchphrase, House of Games and probably a few more shows recently.
He's not short a few bob!!!

When we went 9 points ahead they cried about the title race being over.

Now it’s 9 points with 10 fewer games to play and they’re saying the title is back on and Klopp is a genius.

We are stuck in this never ending cycle of the league being on or off depending on which gets more clicks completely divorced from the actual points gap.
You done broke the damn click code!!

It’s all about “narrative!”
What’s the narrative today?

If Liverpool drop points this weekend, “it’s all over…unless Klopp & Salah can produce a miracle!”

If City drop points this weekend, “Pep distraught over City dropping points against Norwich! Are City in meltdown mode? Their title hopes are starting to fade as Salah & Mané return for Klopp and drive Liverpool forward!”

Yawn!

Pep has it right…1 game at a time, try to amass more points than the other guy!

In an era of “narratives,” just keeping it simple stops the mind from wandering!

Play, get a result, move on! Title decided when you get to the end and you get more points than the other guy CAN get, or DOES get…whichever comes first!

Don’t disrespect a single opponent, because losing 3 points to the lowest team could be just as devastating to your title hopes as losing them to anyone else…except the only serious chaser, Liverpool, where you lose “double points” in a proverbial “6 pointer!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.