Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for this sentence in that article

'City trousered £153m in central payments after they won the league last term, but the next cycle will see the champions scoop £176m.'

trousered has such a sly connotation, don't you think?

There is a link to a Haaland story, though likely BS I do like the fact it states we can get Haaland for 68m lol, that would be lovely, off to the Haaland thread I go :)
There's a story on that site that contrives to get just about fact it reports wrong. There was a notice filed at Companies House recently that one of our directors, Mohammed Al Mazrouei, had stood down from the various City boards he was on. He had also been a director of Etiha, hence his place on the board as representative of our major sponsor.

This Football Insider site, quoting the well-respected (including by me) Kieran Maguire, claimed that it was Khaldoon who'd stood down (it named the director as 'Mohammed Mubarak') and that he'd done this because of the new PL FFP rule about associated party deals having to pass the Fair Market Value test. It said that as this mythical 'Mohamed Mubarak' was also chairman of Etihad, this would avoid the Etihad sponsorship getting caught by these new rules.

Now according to the Etihad website, its chair is Mohammed Ali Al Shorafa and Al Mazrouei is no longer listed as a director (and nor is Khaldoon and has never been as far as I know). So it's more likely that Al Mazrouei has stood down from the Etihad board for some reason and, as he no longer represented Etihad, that he also stood down from the City board.

So they've got pretty well everything wrong in probably 100 words, not least inventing a mythical person.

Update & correction: Al Mazrouei is still chairman of Etihad Airways but has stood down as Chairman of Etihad Aviation Group

Last edited:
Someone posted recently that we’ve earned beat part of 750m in prize money in the last 10 years. I’d say we earned every penny
A bit out. It's actually £1.76bn over the last 10 years, which is £176m a season on average. Compare that to the £54m we received in 2010, the season before winning our first trophy of the ADUG era.

There's a story on that site that contrives to get just about fact it reports wrong. There was a notice filed at Companies House recently that one of our directors, Mohammed Al Mazrouei, had stood down from the various City boards he was on. He had also been a director of Etiha, hence his place on the board as representative of our major sponsor.

This Football Insider site, quoting the well-respected (including by me) Kieran Maguire, claimed that it was Khaldoon who'd stood down (it named the director as 'Mohammed Mubarak') and that he'd done this because of the new PL FFP rule about associated party deals having to pass the Fair Market Value test. It said that as this mythical 'Mohamed Mubarak' was also chairman of Etihad, this would avoid the Etihad sponsorship getting caught by these new rules.

Now according to the Etihad website, its chair is Mohammed Ali Al Shorafa and Al Mazrouei is no longer listed as a director (and nor is Khaldoon and has never been as far as I know). So it's more likely that Al Mazrouei has stood down from the Etihad board for some reason and, as he no longer represented Etihad, that he also stood down from the City board.

So they've got pretty well everything wrong in probably 100 words, not least inventing a mythical person.
His name is H.E Mohamed Mubarak Fadhel Al Mazrouei, he stepped down / was replaced as Chairman of Etihad Aviation Group Company in august, it has absolutely nothing to do with PL FFP rule about associated party deals.

There should be only these cups recognised as proper trophies in order of importance and how hard to win them.

Premier
Champ league
Fa cup
Europe league
League cup
Bullshit. The League Cup is harder to win that the Europa League. For starters, City, Chelsea, and Liverpool aren’t in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.