Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journalists enjoy little public respect. An Ipsos Mori poll in 2020 put the percentage of people who trust journalists to tell the truth at 23%
ipsos-mori-veracity-index-trust-in-professions-2020.jpg
Who are dippers and rags.

Missed Nick's little chest beating tantrum yesterday

"Weaponised fanbase" - That's your followers, more like, weaponised by propaganda from you and your sort.

"City would be in big trouble if their owner left"

"I've left United out of the comparison because you can't compare City to United" - lol

"This thread is as long as it needs to be, bye" - Nice excuse, so you don't have to reply when someone tears your arguments apart.

Speculation and complete lies about how much of City's commercial income comes from the UAE. Broadcast revenue still accounts for over half of the revenue, Etihad is just 25% of the commercial revenue and the biggest UAE based deal by a distance... Oh and UEFA's own auditors said it's not inflated and CAS agree it's not a related party.

He apparently blocked CityBlueBrain(posted a few of his revenue comparison charts couple of weeks ago) for reasons unkown. "Proving me wrong... errrr... weaponised!"

BlueCityBrain:

Lol Nick. You just can't hack it when you get into a conversation with someone who can see through your obvious data manipulation and flagrant lies. What a snivelling little coward.

He uses the death of his wife to try to make city fans look bad. Odious

Have you ever thought that the reason they have been baiting City fans is a) they get more clicks and b)City never give them the time of day. You should, like me and City, do b).

I have neither read or bought a 'newspaper' in 30 years. Everyone should do the same.

Yep it is and why he pops up on social every now against being an ass he has to show his social interactions are up best way is baiting city fans which in turn get the history club fans involved!

Block ignore on Twitter and come on here call him a wanker because you can bet he comes on here!

I think the vast majority of City fans are well aware that there are certain journalists (the likes of Nick Harris, Miguel Delaney, Rob Harris, Tariq Panja etc) who are clearly not reporting on City in good faith. It’s patently obvious. The club know it, we know it, they know it.

I think some though baulk at the notion that the entire media (whatever that may be) have an orchestrated campaign against the club. There are some decent articles written about City, and a lot of absolute shite. United and Liverpool get more coverage because that’s what generates revenue in a click-bait world, and publications pander to their audiences. Fuck them though. I’d rather be winning trophies than featuring at the top of The Mail or The Express’ news headlines.

This whole post is absolutely the crux of the matter and there's really little to add, though the thread keeps on mushrooming. As someone who contributes to it on a not infrequent basis, I'm really only interested in the first paragraph. I have little inclination to read, say, repeated analyses of the prominence given to us and Liverpool in the morning sports bulletins of particular media outlets after our respective European fixtures.

The reason I see the first point as crucial to our club is that the determined efforts of the journalists named above and some others seek to go beyond simply reflecting their views in their own reporting. They go much further than that. I recall at least two of them (Delaney and Nick Harris) have admitted that they're seeking to set a general tone in the British sports media. And, if not that, what else could Rob Harris have been seek to achieve with his opening question to Pep about illegal payments in the press conference following the FA Cup final win over Watford?

By their hysterical cheerleading, they were able to skew the whole media take on the Der Spiegel leaks so that almost every outlet presented those reports as unequivocal proof of wrongdoing. As the CAS pointed out with manifest clarity, they represented no such thing. It's pernicious, but we know what they're doing and it's worth pointing it out. They thought that the CAS would go against us and there's something delicious in their impotent rage after that tribunal showed them up for the know-nothing shit-stirrers that they are.

Of course they won't admit it, so they gaslight us and throw around adjectives such as 'ignorant', 'weaponised' and 'belligerent'. Not so, Nick, not at all. We just see you for what you are and utterly despise you for it. Really, it's as simple as that.

One thing that strikes is that these guys are almost to a man supposed left-wingers; indeed, their line is followed wholesale as a result of what must be a predetermined editorial stance on the part of the so-called 'progressive' newspapers The Guardian and The Independent. What a delicious little oddity, then, that they presumably abhor Boris Johnson and yet have so much in common with him.

He, lest we forget, is a journalist who in that profession and in public life has shown himself to have zero regard for the truth. And that's exactly who they are, too: the Boris Johnsons of the sportswriting profession. I said earlier that we despise you, and we do, but we also laugh at you. After all, you take yourselves so seriously yet have so little substance. Both contemptible and risible - we enjoy your impotent rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.