Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few pages, and in particular posts by Billy Shears and Prestwich Blue amongst others, have been a fantastic read.

Off the top of my head, there have been a number of suspicious goings on in the Premier League that have never really been looked at by any journalist.

Remember when "Fast-tracking" disciplinary hearings was rushed through to deal with Emmanuel Adebayor the week before the Manchester derby?

Remember when the referee from the West Ham home game changed his story and Sergio Aguero received a ban?

Remember when the Chief Executive of the Premier League said there was a "strategic plan to ensure a new name on the Premier League trophy every 6-7 years"?

Remember when the same man said that a poor Manchester United team was bad for the product?

Remember when it was reported that Liverpool and United got to vet the list of possible replacements for a subsequent Premier League Chief Executive?

Remember when Liverpool claimed to have spent £50 million in Stanley Park?

Remember when United cancelled a Premier League match because of a fake bomb but blamed a white van man in Wales and it was quickly brushed under the carpet?

Remember when United had to cancel another Premier League game after Gary Neville whipped their fans into such a frenzy that they broke into the stadium and altered the appearance of a police officer during what Neville described as "a peaceful protest"?

Remember when Liverpool were involved in the arrangements for our team bus to be attacked en route to Anfield?

Remember SKY sports becoming LFC TV for two years after they beat City 4-3, going as far as turning down the microphones in front of the away end halfway through a rendition of Bluemoon that threatened to compete with YNWA?

Remember when United paid £7 million for a player that their manager had never seen in his 26 professional matches?

What I don't remember is any of the above being given even 1% of the coverage, questions or column inches that are given to any mud that is slung City's way.

Most City fans can see quite clearly what goes on in the media. I even accept that it makes more sense from a business point of view for tv companies, newspapers and websites to show bias towards the red shirted teams. What I can't accept though, is the denial from them and the accusations from some City supporters that we are paranoid.
Brilliant post that mate.

Yet some think we don't get treated differently in the media.

When he writes 'please make it stop' he's clearly writing as a fan of another club, rather than reporting on match.

I have reported on non-league games (did it for a number of years). I have a favourite non-league side but when I reported on their rivals I was always objective. If I didn't I'd get dogs abuse next time I rolled up. Even when I was 'more than fair' I got calls from club secretaries and, on one or two occasions, managers, challenging me, on what I'd written.

The guy who tweeted the contrasting reports from our win against Sporting and Liverpool's win over Porto tells you everything you need to know.d
I knew a girl whose boyfriend was a freelance reporter for a small local agency. They used cover matches for different papers and even the Press Association. These were often mid week matches a farzway place like the south coast. She would never give his surname or who he supported but it wasn't hard to identify both. The boyfriend did support a PL team but she wouldn't say which but the main thing was they both felt it important to give that air of neutrality. I thought he leaned a bot towards United and never quite gave us our due. It was c2005 so we didn't earn a lot of praise.
Going back further you could never tell from a report or commentary who the journalist was.
It has changed so much. None l remember seem to have any concept of neutrality even happily showing their support for certain teams with sheer animosity under the banner of 'banter'.
Not a decade of progress I am afraid. Just a drop in professional standards. Present company excepted of course

Last edited:
I knew a girl whose boyfriend was a freelance reporter for a small local agency. They used cover matches for different papers and even the Press Association. These were often mi She would never give his surname or who he supported but it wasn't hard to identify both. The boyfriend did support a PL team but she wouldn't say which but the main thing was they both felt
Do you suffer from narcolepsy?

The last few pages, and in particular posts by Billy Shears and Prestwich Blue amongst others, have been a fantastic read.

Off the top of my head, there have been a number of suspicious goings on in the Premier League that have never really been looked at by any journalist.

Remember when "Fast-tracking" disciplinary hearings was rushed through to deal with Emmanuel Adebayor the week before the Manchester derby?

Remember when the referee from the West Ham home game changed his story and Sergio Aguero received a ban?

Remember when the Chief Executive of the Premier League said there was a "strategic plan to ensure a new name on the Premier League trophy every 6-7 years"?

Remember when the same man said that a poor Manchester United team was bad for the product?

Remember when it was reported that Liverpool and United got to vet the list of possible replacements for a subsequent Premier League Chief Executive?

Remember when United cancelled a Premier League match because of a fake bomb but blamed a white van man in Wales and it was quickly brushed under the carpet?

Remember when United had to cancel another Premier League game after Gary Neville whipped their fans into such a frenzy that they broke into the stadium and altered the appearance of a police officer during what Neville described as "a peaceful protest"?

Remember when Liverpool were involved in the arrangements for our team bus to be attacked en route to Anfield?

Remember SKY sports becoming LFC TV for two years after they beat City 4-3, going as far as turning down the microphones in front of the away end halfway through a rendition of Bluemoon that threatened to compete with YNWA?

Remember when United paid £7 million for a player that their manager had never seen in his 26 professional matches?

What I don't remember is any of the above being given even 1% of the coverage, questions or column inches that are given to any mud that is slung City's way.

Most City fans can see quite clearly what goes on in the media. I even accept that it makes more sense from a business point of view for tv companies, newspapers and websites to show bias towards the red shirted teams. What I can't accept though, is the denial from them and the accusations from some City supporters that we are paranoid.
I re re re re mem mem mem ber remember them
Plus a whole lot more skulduggery.

I'm joking. Sorry if I offended you. You just trailed off mid sentence twice in that post.
Sorry from me too. I f

The above shows the prob with my jumpy phone. Iiked your joke when l saw you got the half finished one. I had just 'liked' yor long post too;)

I find it amusing that David Mooney took the time to write multiple tweets ( and a pathetic follow up on here ) that effectively shreds any credibility he has with City fans on here and on Twitter.

Haven’t got the time to pull his comments apart - and there some great responses already.

But the idea that he is blind to the way His own employer The Athletic operates is laughable.

They provide multiple reporters each for the other top 6 teams - many of them bloggers and fanzine writers.

City get 1. A brummie Utd fan that appears to work part time picking and choosing the games he attends.

The Athletic know their audience - and the City coverage is geared for fans of other top 6 teams.

And the idea that he thinks the Adam Crafton 7500 word article is a positive for City fans is borderline lunacy.

My hat is doffed. Maybe you should send that list to all these so called journalists and ask them why these incidents and probably many others have never been investigated properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.