Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What doesn't help our cause as fans is when we highlight any perceived slight or comparative reporting on things like the BBC website or the odd typo or incorrect reference.

This is used against us when genuine articles appear that are complete hatchet job on City.

I enjoy the Bluemoon Podcast and do find Mooney plays the Devil's Advocate well but I also know he is in the media and to have a successful career in that industry then he can't burn his bridges. You just need to look at the every journalist on a podcast defending Rob Harris for his question to Pep after the FA Cup final win.

The only reason to ask that question at that time would have been if an investigation had concluded and evidence had been found that Pep had/was receiving payments from City via another source. But there wasn't and if he thought he'd catch Pep out then he is (as we know) a fucking moron.

Crafton's article is an attack on City, we know it, he knows it, the Athletic know it. A proper investigative piece on the issue would breakdown sponsorship links at all clubs in the Premier League.

Just because we're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get us.

As an aside, I'm yet to see any quality investigative reporting on the Super League debacle and who were the instigators of it and how long it was being planned.

There has been pretty much zero investigative reporting on the malign influence of US owners on our game. And don’t expect it from the likes of Panja, Rory Smith or anyone at the Athletic for a start, all bought and paid for by US outlets and who coincidentally toe to line slavishly when reporting on the American owned redshirts
See the previous Chomsky video…

What doesn't help our cause as fans is when we highlight any perceived slight or comparative reporting on things like the BBC website or the odd typo or incorrect reference.

This is used against us when genuine articles appear that are complete hatchet job on City.

I enjoy the Bluemoon Podcast and do find Mooney plays the Devil's Advocate well but I also know he is in the media and to have a successful career in that industry then he can't burn his bridges. You just need to look at the every journalist on a podcast defending Rob Harris for his question to Pep after the FA Cup final win.

The only reason to ask that question at that time would have been if an investigation had concluded and evidence had been found that Pep had/was receiving payments from City via another source. But there wasn't and if he thought he'd catch Pep out then he is (as we know) a fucking moron.

Crafton's article is an attack on City, we know it, he knows it, the Athletic know it. A proper investigative piece on the issue would breakdown sponsorship links at all clubs in the Premier League.

As an aside, I'm yet to see any quality investigative reporting on the Super League debacle and who were the instigators of it and how long it was being planned.
I don't mind journalists researching and investigating City providing that they look at other football clubs. Almost every Premier League football club is owned by an oligarch and yet Manchester City seem to be the sole focus of their investigations.

There has been pretty much zero investigative reporting on the malign influence of US owners on our game. And don’t expect it from the likes of Panja, Rory Smith or anyone at the Athletic for a start, all bought and paid for by US outlets and who coincidentally toe to line slavishly when reporting on the American owned redshirts
See the previous Chomsky video…

Actually, if you go back two decades, the predecessors to these chumps used to say regularly that good owners put every penny they earned in profit back into the club. These new pseuds have decided to work on the capitalist principles that these poor little Yankee billionaires deserve to turn a huge profit each year and should be able to build their trophy assets' value without investing a penny beyond the purchase price.

None of this modern media narrative stands up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Muen online headline “McAtee scores pen to do what first team can’t”. Fucking sly cunts, we lose one game in fuck knows how many and get a headline like that, our own local rag fucking loves us doesn’t it

They had an opinion piece online today from some no mark united fan with a brilliant job title ''Manchester united fan brand writer/presenter" whatever any of that means.

The headline of the article was "Manchester united could discover their own Harry Kane to destroy Pep Guardiola and Man City''. I'd imagine that's the kind of nonsense that gets posted on rag forums, but it's really pathetic stuff coming from our local paper.

We're paranoid with good cause as we've suffered at least ten years of derogatory articles, untruths, slights and piss taking. Look at the Pete the Badge fiasco they brushed under the carpet for one. There have been so many it's hard to remember them all. They allow Klopp and others to constantly refer to our huge budget and the fact we can spend what we like when they all know that's not true. What happened to the investigation about United fans getting the Liverpool game called off? If we were involved it would never be out of the news until action was taken. The same applies to the Liverpool scum smashing up our team bus. There are the odd decent article but they're lost in a sea of jealous bitter bile

Dermot the dick as sided with us for the penalty vs Spurs.
Wow what a Coincidence that his untold wisdom came in a game where we got beat.
Why did Sly even use this incident in a comparable with the Scottish Zit not getting a red vs Leeds?

Answer... to keep our loss mainstream

Fucking wankers.
So glad Khan got beat by Brook after the shocking backing of him throughout the build up by Sly
Love it when they are left with egg on their faces.
City will do it again to them when we win the league

We're paranoid with good cause as we've suffered at least ten years of derogatory articles, untruths, slights and piss taking. Look at the Pete the Badge fiasco they brushed under the carpet for one. There have been so many it's hard to remember them all. They allow Klopp and others to constantly refer to our huge budget and the fact we can spend what we like when they all know that's not true. What happened to the investigation about United fans getting the Liverpool game called off? If we were involved it would never be out of the news until action was taken. The same applies to the Liverpool scum smashing up our team bus. There are the odd decent article but they're lost in a sea of jealous bitter bile
Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.