Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Liverpool are now the......(wait for it)...... 'Mentality Monsters'.

It didn't take long for their beloved press pack to tag them with another positive title.(even though Liverpool are still behind City in the PL table)

I don't remember City being called that or something similar when City won their last 14 games in a row to pip Liverpool to the title.

And so it begins. Sadly it will only get worse if Liverpool do overtake City and go on to win the title. It will be the biggest and best come back in PL history, and the biggest collapse in PL history. The Scouse loving Hacks are already sharpening their pencils for the headlines 'they want to write'.

It didn't take long for their beloved press pack to tag them with another positive title.(even though Liverpool are still behind City in the table)

I don't remember City being called that or something similar when City won their last 14 games in a row to pip Liverpool to the title.

And so it begins. Sadly it will only get worse if Liverpool do overtake City and go on to win the title. It will be the biggest and best come back in PL history, and the biggest collapse in PL history. The Scouse loving Hacks are already sharpening their pencils for the headlines 'they want to write'.

Once you just accept that these headlines are written for the benefit of their totally braindead fuckwit " supporters " , they are actually quite amusing .

I voiced similar sentiment at the time, and if not the fans, then the players. We've seen it with Foden already, we'll doubtless see it in due course with Grealish and, had it not been for that racist prat at Stamford Bridge and the outrage that said incident engendered, we would have certainly seen it before with Raz.
Delaney, Sweeney, Wilson, Evans, Harris, Herbert and all the rest of them, are effectively encouraging open season on us, like some form of licensed anti-semitism. When some unwitting City fan or player gets hurt though, and they will the way things are going (particularly given the increasingly poor behaviour from football supporters in this country generally), you can guarantee they'll accept zero responsibility
The Villa fans were stoked up with hate before the League Cup Final. It resulted in them attacking older fans and women with children. I was verbally abused and involved in a scuffle near Wembley Stadium station. The abuse was off the scale and racially motivated including phrases such as "dirty arab oil money" etc etc. It is already open season on City fans and, as far as I am concerned, it has been caused by a section of the football media. The press pack exist in a secure bubble with free food and security. Our fans are increasingly becoming targets at away matches and we don't get any protection because the police have essentially stopped policing properly. The ones at Wembley Stadium stood by and watched with their cameras, just like the ones at Anfield.

It didn't take long for their beloved press pack to tag them with another positive title.(even though Liverpool are still behind City in the PL table)

Isn’t that a term coined by Klopp a while back and it’s stuck?

I guess our version is that we’re so, so good; more than you can believe.

I voiced similar sentiment at the time, and if not the fans, then the players. We've seen it with Foden already, we'll doubtless see it in due course with Grealish and, had it not been for that racist prat at Stamford Bridge and the outrage that said incident engendered, we would have certainly seen it before with Raz.
Delaney, Sweeney, Wilson, Evans, Harris, Herbert and all the rest of them, are effectively encouraging open season on us, like some form of licensed anti-semitism. When some unwitting City fan or player gets hurt though, and they will the way things are going (particularly given the increasingly poor behaviour from football supporters in this country generally), you can guarantee they'll accept zero responsibility

The Villa fans were stoked up with hate before the League Cup Final. It resulted in them attacking older fans and women with children. I was verbally abused and involved in a scuffle near Wembley Stadium station. The abuse was off the scale and racially motivated including phrases such as "dirty arab oil money" etc etc. It is already open season on City fans and, as far as I am concerned, it has been caused by a section of the football media. The press pack exist in a secure bubble with free food and security. Our fans are increasingly becoming targets at away matches and we don't get any protection because the police have essentially stopped policing properly. The ones at Wembley Stadium stood by and watched with their cameras, just like the ones at Anfield.

The Villa game was a surprise for me and I'm an old hand that was there in the hooligan heydays. It wasn't even one or two knobheads it seemed to be almost all of them. There was no chance of chatting to them or mixing as to do so would have meant fighting. A very toxic day.

As The Athletic marketed itself as a kind of superior online publication, I found Sam's handling, as its MCFC correspondent, of the whole UEFA ban and CAS case deeply disappointing. I can understand that he doesn't understand the financial and legal issues involved as he's a sports journalist and there's no shame in that. However, while no one else in the media (at least that I saw) ever sought to address the case from a City perspective, Sam never did, either, and in his position he was the one person who IMO should have.
Totally agree with you on that, I always thought Lee was in a unique position to report on that and make a real name for himself, but for some reason didn’t , maybe he just shit his pants because he felt it was too big for him, although I’m sure Projectriver, PB , SWP’s back and the like would have guided him through it, but my own personal thoughts are that he just didn’t want to go against what the usual suspects were saying and probably damage his standing or career prospects .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.