Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A common view".....

A common view amongst whom?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Anyone who thinks there is any value in an analysis of 100 replies to a few interactions on Twitter as a representation of a fanbase isn't worth any attention. Like that other idiot Harris, who thinks there is value in asking people on Twitter what they think of their clubs' owners. It's just lazy "journalism" to increase engagement that doesn't involve any real research. A bit like writing a 7,500 word report on sponsorship using Google and LinkedIn, for Christ's sake, and then thinking it has any value without any discussion of context.

I haven't read the last 20 pages as the media thread is as it stands, it offers no further insight. When I was a teenager (seems about 100 years ago) we had 3 TV channels of which 2 had News programmes 3 times a day - lunch time, tea time and bed time so to speak - the News was concise and reported without discourse or opinion.

Forward 45 years and we have myraid of TV channels with 24 hour 'news' channels and programmes that fill their time with so called experts (pillocks, muppets, media darlings) offering their thoughts/rationale/opinion on the latest position. AND THESE ARE ON MAIN STREAM MEDIA. The sports channels, in particular, are inhabited by the players of previously successful teams who are asked their opinions (understand not their thoughts as they can't form them), bit like Radio 1 having hearSay on to discuss quantum physics....

Beyond that we have a unregulated social media that is full of charlatans, ne'erdowells and pillocks who are only after the opinions of 'fans'. who at no point have to prove their allegiances, all looking for their moment in the spotight. Ignore them,they are all either jealous or seeking an agenda.....back to the music thread

Last edited:
Why blues taking an interest and challenging the bullshit is important. If left alone media types and average Jo respondents will write with impunity and the opinions set in stone

Mate sent me this reader response from the dipper Echo which had run an article saying that dipperpool might follow us into the metaverse.

Apparently, along with the usual shitty jibes about emptyhad was this belter from someone who it’s safe to assume is a long way off being a rocket scientist!

StJamieOfAnfield
Firstly any figures posted by citeh should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. There accounts are probably even less reliable and truthful than Donald Trumps. The reason I think the emptyhad is always largely empty is because they always sell out every game. Why the empty seats? Maybe because they are "sold" for tens of thousands of pounds per game. Then there is the sponsorship and hospitality. A state run club being sponsored by a state run airline????? Mmm it doesn't take a rocket scientist to join the dots. It keeps corruption to stop the UK media reporting it and the "authorities" stamping it out with 5 Yr transfer bans at all age levels and 8 figure fines.
Let's hope no one is ever unfortunate to be on a rocket where he is joining up the dots.

Sam Lee never refused my help. Was never offered/discussed although I think he read my pieces.
Maybe not Sam but according to Ahsan The Athletic did

One of the biggest problems CFG face in securing a stadium site in New York, is anti-Arab sentiment. We saw that clearly in the leaked emails from the UAE ambassador to the US, where he spoke about winning hearts and minds and was told, obliquely, to stress their good relations with Israel. It's maybe somewhat far-fetched to suggest the subsequent normalisation of relations between Israel and the UAE was solely to ensure this NYCFC stadium can happen but their presence in New York is clearly important to CFG and the UAE. Obstructing us in any ways they can is clearly important to our US-owned rivals, as we already know.
An apparently little known fact is that for the last 16 years an Emirati organisation (albeit Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi) has owned the ports of New York, Miami, Newark-Port Elizabeth, Philadelphia, New Orleans and Baltimore.

Initially there were dissenting voices in the US about these ports becoming Arab owned but the early pearl clutching seems to have dissipated long ago.

On this basis there seems to be no logical reason why there should be any resistance to CFG building a new stadium in New York. Apart from overt racism that is.

I said something similar after the opening game at Spurs

However i did say it will get to the point where City fans will be attacked physically

It happened at Spurs, close at Chelsea and West Ham plus Lisbon, although Lisbon could be because we are an English club

Let's see at Everton, Leeds.

These are my experiences.

I voiced similar sentiment at the time, and if not the fans, then the players. We've seen it with Foden already, we'll doubtless see it in due course with Grealish and, had it not been for that racist prat at Stamford Bridge and the outrage that said incident engendered, we would have certainly seen it before with Raz.
Delaney, Sweeney, Wilson, Evans, Harris, Herbert and all the rest of them, are effectively encouraging open season on us, like some form of licensed anti-semitism. When some unwitting City fan or player gets hurt though, and they will the way things are going (particularly given the increasingly poor behaviour from football supporters in this country generally), you can guarantee they'll accept zero responsibility

trouble is the shit sticks , someone was talking about dutch football cant remember team or why boom up pops "atleast he'll play in front of fans" and off it went empty this empty that and there job is done
This is why I just laugh it off. We will never be loved by the media and they will try to put us down as much as they can whilst we're relevant.

You wouldn't hear an empty seats jibe thrown Watfords way for example, because nobody really cares enough to mock them for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.