Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is sport washing works. Putin and Russia have used sport to move their image away from cold blooded Ivan Drago into a welcoming modern state where football fans can drink cans on the street. He has done it brilliantly too, I had Putin down as an absolute psychopath 10 years, somehow my opinion of him had subliminally mellowed over the years to the point that I thought he was just posturing and being strategic right up until the point he went full psycho. This is an opinion that seemed pretty wide spread from the man on the street right the way up to the governments of Europe. I can see why the inclusion of City in the article would piss off many and don't really see the need to include the reference.
Tbh, once I saw this, my opinion of him has never changed :-
1645858078345.jpeg

Not sure what your problem with the article? Its clear as day that there’s a huge link between City being owned by Newton, CMC & Silverlake & Russia Invading Ukraine

How can you not see that? Militant crank ;)

Amnesty International was among those to introduce the phrase “sportswashing” four years ago. An article on this page in 2018 about Abu Dhabi, Manchester City and the Matthew Hedges affair used the word in inverted commas, and took time to explain where it came from.

In an article about Putin, the wanker still can't help himself but take a pot shot, if this **** still comes to our ground to report he would be told the next time he tries to enter he is banned for life.

That’s all todays article is, a public attack of conscience.

And an admission that the subject and tenor of articles written by Ronay and his ilk will directly correlate to the personal benefits they receive.

At least until such times as the consequences of their (and let's be charitable here) "mistaken beliefs" are laid bare for all to see.

And what better way to dilute a mea culpa than by throwing in a tactical diversion. "Right, enough of my craven stupidity, look at Manchester City"

Not sure what the point of Ronay's article is. He has used a lot of words to say not very much
I stopped reading as soon as he mentioned us, did he eventually get round to an apology or put a link to his fawning cock slurping piece about Putin?

He managed to mention an article about us from 4 years ago so he must remember the pile of shit he wrote about Putin.

I'm going to guess we have to take the 'wool pulled over the eyes' comment as his weak apology.

Last edited:
Funny, with all his moral highline and flagrant criticism of everyone for allowing Russia to "sportswash", he forgot this arse kissing article he wrote a few years back. One of many too.

From another gushing BBC article about liverpool.

"Legends Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane plus Diaz lined up against Norwich City last weekend... cult favourite Divock Origi and the versatile Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain... provide further alternative."

Surely the traditional "win quadruple or season is a failure" article is the one they meant to write?

There is no point to Ronay…. He’s a sycophantic prick with a very bitter agenda. personally I ignore the utter prick he’s not worthy of my time or attention. The grinning beards comment was vile and offensive and I’ve never read anything by him since.

He definitely has a gift with language. However, his analytical skills, as with so many of the current sportswriters, are sadly lacking and his judgement is poor. Thus, regrettably, his felicitous ability to turn a pretty phrase is invariably deployed in pursuance of saying absolutely fuck all of any substantive value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.