Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I couldn’t even tell you who covers Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal for The Athletic so not sure if they have multiple reporters or not. There’s no doubt that they pander hugely to United and Liverpool though, which is an understandable gripe, but not really different to most media outlets. As frustrating as that is, it’s presumably purely economic and I can live with that. I can largely ignore the nauseatingly sycophantic pieces from Pearce, Hughes, Mitten et al if I wish.

What grates though is when it crosses over into their City coverage, as with many of their CAS/FFP articles (where they largely called everything wrong) and the Crafton piece the other week. Sam Lee’s City stuff is usually pretty good, but some of the other City features leave a lot to be desired. I had hoped that The Athletic would be different and leave behind some of the institutional biases of the traditional press, but they’re driven by the same market forces I guess.

Agree though that you probably wouldn’t have seen the sort of Twitter spat that we saw this week between their correspondents and fans. As I said earlier, it all seemed a bit unnecessary. Not sure anyone really came out of it well.

what irks most about Lee is he cosies up then has digs, reads the forum & has access to all the information that Stefan & PB provided & still got it wrong. He knows what he’s doing & screams it’s a mistake “our mistake” after each snide dig. After all the FFP ban articles he’s never put it right & never will because he’s an arrogant twat.

With respect, that’s a pretty absurd/weird suggestion.
It creates division and spreads nothing but lies about MCFC. Why tolerate a media platform that arms journalists who have ill intentions towards our club?

We the fans should treat the media with the same contempt we are currently treating RT news on the ongoing Ukrainian land grab.

The Russian situation is obviously not comparable but merely an example as to how certain news organisations spread malicious propaganda.

What is journalism anymore?

Anyone who dares question anyone and anything as good journalists do are hounded out and villified. Whilst the rest who are too scared to follow their convictions take the easy life of cash for clicks. They find a way to trigger some group and they bite. They enjoy the cash generated over actual journalism.
Journalism is anyone with a stream in 2022. Everyone can spout constant crap about anything they want. Stick a publication below their name and bang they have credibility but not accountability for the damage caused.

Not sure what the point of Ronay's article is. He has used a lot of words to say not very much

There is no point to Ronay…. He’s a sycophantic prick with a very bitter agenda. personally I ignore the utter prick he’s not worthy of my time or attention. The grinning beards comment was vile and offensive and I’ve never read anything by him since.

Not sure what the point of Ronay's article is. He has used a lot of words to say not very much
The point is sport washing works. Putin and Russia have used sport to move their image away from cold blooded Ivan Drago into a welcoming modern state where football fans can drink cans on the street. He has done it brilliantly too, I had Putin down as an absolute psychopath 10 years, somehow my opinion of him had subliminally mellowed over the years to the point that I thought he was just posturing and being strategic right up until the point he went full psycho. This is an opinion that seemed pretty wide spread from the man on the street right the way up to the governments of Europe. I can see why the inclusion of City in the article would piss off many and don't really see the need to include the reference.

He feels guilty because he spent a lot of the last few years being hosted by Russia, singing its praises and attending its sportswashing events and writing a book about how great it was and he’s woken up and seen them invading Ukraine and bombing civilians.

That’s all todays article is, a public attack of conscience.

The point is sport washing works. Putin and Russia have used sport to move their image away from cold blooded Ivan Drago into a welcoming modern state where football fans can drink cans on the street. He has done it brilliantly too, I had Putin down as an absolute psychopath 10 years, somehow my opinion of him had subliminally mellowed over the years to the point that I thought he was just posturing and being strategic right up until the point he went full psycho. This is an opinion that seemed pretty wide spread from the man on the street right the way up to the governments of Europe. I can see why the inclusion of City in the article would piss off many and don't really see the need to include the reference.

It worked for Russia, Britpop Tony & god knows how many times USA & China & Saudi now in on the act but it’s City that get called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.