Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the PL have realised that if they cheat City, people love them more - so give them dodgy decisions and people will start to hate them and say their trophies were handed out to them.
Nah, just an excuse to give us nothing the rest of the season

Lovely salty tears. I can taste the sweet bitterness with each word. offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Sure it could have been given as a handball but the footballing authorities did not see fit to do so with the use of Var. Just like they never seem to pick up the Salah dives each game. You reap what you sow dippers.
The poor sods need to believe that the only way that their scrupulously honest and upright paragons of virtue (Standard Chartered bank being a fine example), can be beaten is by cheating.
It means that every time they finish 2nd, they can seriously claim they came 1st.
Scouse logic.

I eventually found the report and had a wry smile at the bbc doing their usual rag branding promotion with use of the Red Devil’s bollocks, never a mention of our Knick name.
That’s a good point. In all my years of reading the bbc live thread and city match reports I can’t remember seeing one mention of our nickname.

perhaps it’s too ‘positive’ a nickname to allow associating with big bad City.

Suppose Chelski should make the most of this, if Roman gets fucked off they will go back to crowds of 8,000 and a chairman who wants to put up an electric fence.

That’s a good point. In all my years of reading the bbc live thread and city match reports I can’t remember seeing one mention of our nickname.

perhaps it’s too ‘positive’ a nickname to allow associating with big bad City.

It’s interesting when we are in France visiting family and we watch a city match on French tv they always use Citizens

Lovely salty tears. I can taste the sweet bitterness with each word. offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Sure it could have been given as a handball but the footballing authorities did not see fit to do so with the use of Var. Just like they never seem to pick up the Salah dives each game. You reap what you sow dippers.

You gotta laugh, the most blatant handball ever seen on a pitch was Terence Trent Derby throwing out his arm to stop a ball to Aguero inside the six yard box with the goal gaping.

Compounded further, by Liverpool going down the other end and scoring.

Perhaps they might want to ask who was sport washing decisions earlier this season when that Judas Milner picked up a clear second bookable offence...

“Melissa Reddy” (who ?) in the independent manages to shoehorn mentions of the UAE abstaining from a UN vote, Abu Dhabi human rights problems and the dippers league cup final into her supposed match report. Phil’s absolutely huge winner is mentioned briefly almost as an afterthought.

Stupid cow.

South African-born Liverpool fan who shows up Anfield Wrap fairly regularly.

Re: Richarlison being offside.

I suspect that he was probably a fraction offside but the thing with these VAR checks is that they review the immediate decision first and if they are starting to get ready to call the referee over to the monitor then they check for offside in the buildup.

Why not do things the other way round? When a review is done in cricket, the first thing they check is the legality of the delivery, then they review the actual decision.

We could all be getting our knickers in a twist over this handball when in fact the play should have been stopped before then. It would have been nice of Sky, with their tens of cameras available at each broadcast, to at least have cleared this up but they didn’t offer one replay of the through ball. I start to wonder why not? Is it because Richarlison was in fact offside and they are just hiding that replay in order to focus on the controversy?

I will say this though, if he was onside then for me it’s a penalty all day. I know the rules are what they are, but if that had happened in Everton’s box I would have been fuming if they said no penalty.
A decision making protocol for VAR would be a great idea. Years in and it’s not there. Billion pound game and the amateurs are ruling it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.