Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to pay for sky years ago but ditched it for IPTV, it's a complete rip off for long standing customers.
I watch other sports such as golf, cricket, F1 etc. and their presentation of these sports is fantastic. It's coverage of football however is pathetic.

60f5758df3bf06184f8a21dd5332d32e.jpg
I've always considered the vast majority of 'experts', 'pundits', and ex-pros as nothing more than anal-ysts. Pretty fair when yer consider the ton of shite they spout in any one programme.

Also quite noticeable watching the game on Sly last night, that when the first rendition of Blue Moon rang out from the away the sound seem to go down a few notches on the TV for a few seconds and quickly returned to normal when the Palace fans responded in kind with one of their ditties

I saw written down quotes from Neville and Carragher and they looked awful, but when I watched it on youtube was a lot more nuanced.

Carragher's supposed pop at Chelsea re:tuchel to United, was just more of a it's football deal with it.

Nevilles wasn't having a go at ADUG as such, more trying to put some distance between his old quotes. The guys a weather vane.

That said I do think the media are going to have to be careful with this preaching about moral practices in other countries, getting strong "White Saviour" vibes.

Also quite noticeable watching the game on Sly last night, that when the first rendition of Blue Moon rang out from the away the sound seem to go down a few notches on the TV for a few seconds and quickly returned to normal when the Palace fans responded in kind with one of their ditties
stop it

Last throw of the dice for many of the media cockroaches who have been on us for the last few years. They have tried everything to destabilise the club and it must break their hearts that we just swat them away like an annoying fly instead of engaging and giving them any crumbs.
I expect these attacks on our owners to be given plenty of airtime/column inches in the coming weeks so best to just buckle down and let the football do the talking.

Obviously if anybody bumps into delaney then it's perfectly acceptable to roundhouse the ****.
Absolutely agree. The blatant attack yesterday nailed colours firmly to the mast yet the lack of brains is so apparent. Abramovic broke the law, was cited under Parliamentary privilege and sanctioned under UK law.
What laws has Sheikh Mansour broken?
Hold on, sorry, have just re read what I've written and of course he has broken the law and I should have seen this before......broken the law of

Being Middle Eastern
Winning numerous trophies
Not going away

No it's not. The ball is still in play and the opposing team have the opportunity to come and get it. When other teams utilise the tactical injury play is stopped and all momentum is taken out of our play.
Quite.. especially goalkicks, as with Palace last night.

Posted on this a couple of times in recent years, with reference to the lack of action taken by referees and the powers-that-be to sort it out once and for all.. oh, and when I say 'lack of action' that does take into account how, curiously, having done Sweet Fanny Adams about it most games, they do race into action if ever Ederson should dally over a goalkick towards the end of a match we've been chasing and finally managed to get ahead of the opposition..

Not getting at Palace specifically (as most teams do this against us, notably Everton, Saints and Palace in recent years) but when we played them at our gaff just before lockdown (which ended 2-2 with Fernandinho's own-goal at the death) I did a back-of-the-fag packet calculation (nerd that I am) on the time wasted by Palace's keeper over goalkicks during the game.

Using the stadium clock I counted more than a dozen goalkicks that took anything between 38-65 seconds between the ball going out of play to being returned into play. I reckoned that day that approximately more than 15% of the 90 minutes was lost to this tactic, which is ripping off the paying customers big style. And not just us at City but at every professional match, whichever teams are involved.

As I say, not that the powers-that-be ever seem interested in sorting this kind of stuff out. Nor do the media, bothered as they are with 'false equivalence', sucking up to their paymaster favoured clubs and telling lies about City. F**k 'em..

Absolutely agree. The blatant attack yesterday nailed colours firmly to the mast yet the lack of brains is so apparent. Abramovic broke the law, was cited under Parliamentary privilege and sanctioned under UK law.
What laws has Sheikh Mansour broken?
Hold on, sorry, have just re read what I've written and of course he has broken the law and I should have seen this before......broken the law of

Being Middle Eastern
Winning numerous trophies
Not going away

It's the ongoing war in Yemen they cite mainly. Although this is Saudi led it is an Arab coalition of which Abu Dhabi is part of.

They also use human rights in those countries, mainly the use of the death penalty. Well last time I checked the States still used the death penalty and meddled in many foreign countries which hasn't always been benificial to the health and wellbeing of those countries.

Neville and Carragher are two red shites who should be allowed nowhere near our ground, players or manager. They are the enemy pure and simple and not the neutral's they portray themselves to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.