Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who rented out his second home on the sly.
Tolm, with your journo hat on, what do you make of the last few days, with the Assad photo and also Neville’s latest twattery?

Do you predict a fresh barrage of bile aimed at our owners, and will we have the bollocks to take Sky to task over Rat Boy?

Last edited:
I’d be happy for the whole topic to be discussed in full both in parliament and in the press.

Sanctions are likely almost never to be induced on the UAE. People can debate til the cows come home about who has met who, but ultimately, the UAE are never likely to wage war on anyone.
Have you missed the whole Yemen situation?

Have you missed the whole Yemen situation?
The situation in Yemen is a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. The UEA have been drawn in to support the Government of Yemen against Iranian backed insurgents.

There is just so much self-righteous, hand wringing hypocrisy on here. I may as well be reading a tabloid newspaper.

There are many unsavoury regimes in the world. The UAE are no where near up with the worst of them.

So it looks like the purpose of this whole furore is to make the government and Premier League turn down the Saudi bid for Chelsea in favour of the bid from well known uber racist, parasite Ricketts family. Coincidentally they are also is American and part of the cartel of US sports owners alongside the dippers, rags and Arsenal owners. You'd have to be blind to not see what they are planning, but the media are either bought up or too ingrained in their racism that they don't want to see that they are buying up the votes to be able to do whatever they want.

The situation in Yemen is a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. The UEA have been drawn in to support the Government of Yemen against Iranian backed insurgents.

There is just so much self-righteous, hand wringing hypocrisy on here. I may as well be reading a tabloid newspaper.

There are many unsavoury regimes in the world. The UAE are no where near up with the worst of them.
Not sure what the University of East Anglia has to offer in the situation ;)

The UAE is complicit and responsible for the bombing and killing of civillians, and creating a humanitarian crisis. To counter your point, I'm not sure what support they were offering to the Yemeni Government during the annexation of Socotra. Their involvement is through self-interest rather than altruism.

I can criticise the UAE and support Manchester City. As so many will point out on here we are not owned by UAE.

FWIW, on the unsavoury scale I would rank USA higher than the UAE and the UK similarly, although historically the UK is obviously considerably worse.

Whether they rank no1 on the unsavoury scale or not, the issue is they appear on the scale. I dont see why it is controversial to suggest they could improve in a few areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.