Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
These have been rehashed for a number of reasons - 1) the big games we have coming up 2) Erling Haaland transfer 3) Pep maybe renewing 4) the current war in the Ukraine

Big issue for point 4 is the along with the Middle Eastern countries, there are also China & India - 2 countries who have massive ties with Europe

Crafton and his numpty mates don't see the bigger political picture here are trying to stir a complex pot. This is just to create hysteria within their minute little following on social media, the majority of reputable journos seem to be staying clear of it and leaving it to the little Whatsapp group - When you look at the % of likes or retweets from Harris's total number of followers - it's less than 5% of his following - which in the grand scheme of things is fuck all - the rest just ignore him - its all noise to stir up the cartels

I'm not sure there is anything the club can do apart from refute the claims and see take any charges on in court - it is a smear campaign. With every bit of success we are gaining fans and exposure - so as long as we carry on with success on the field - our exposure grows.

It hurts us as fans - as we are emotionally engaged but there are most likely legal & logical reasons for not responding from the club. I'm sure it's not been ignored and is sitting with the lawyers who are providing guidance on how we respond or not.
I think City's best strategy should be the same one used in the UEFA probe. Given that details have been leaked from the PL inquiry to Der Spiegel, apparently in direct contravention of a judge's comments and non disclosure agreements agreed by both sets of lawyers, the PL probe is now dead in the water. (It was dead from the beginning because there is no evidence).
The entire process has been totally undermined and there is no reason why City should waste any more time "co-operating" with the dishonest brokers at the PL. Personally I believe someone from the PL leaked it deliberately (probably at one of the recent Qatar World Cup draw jollies) because they want their own probe to collapse. I believe that's precisely what UEFA did to get them off the hook wth their own flawed FFP probe. Under these circumstances City should just play the waiting game.

There’s nothing fairer than neutral Journalisam.

Why doesn’t the Daily Mail just pick the team for Klopp and be done with it?

C*nts!

91-BA3151-8-C0-A-4516-8712-B73184-BE9-C35.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So Simon Stone was knocked back by Pep when asked about Der Spiegels rehashes. Not going to spend a minute talking about it, he said. So Stone still leads with it of all the things brought up in the presser. He does put up our point of view after saying it creates more issues for us. Things like this just go on and on. No doubt the comment pieces in the weekend papers will continue. Harris is probably trying to get a hit piece into the Sunday Mail. Aren't other fans bored of all this? I couldn't imagine reading piece after piece on a scouse club hacking our database for example. I'm with Martin Samuel, what does it matter how much an owner puts into his club as long as it's not a loan?
£2billion in transparently fake ‘loans’ is apparently just fine with UEFA and FFP, at least if you’re Chelsea

I can sort of understand that to be honest.

Any neutral watching us wouldn't be enthralled to see us passing the ball around trying to break down a flat back 7/8 week after week.
It was more that Athletico were only 5 spots below us based on what we witnessed on Tuesday.

Perhaps, but I don't think so. Der Spewshit may well have just let it coincide with our biggest week of the season to further deligitimise any of our achievements this season.

Don't get me wrong, these scouse cunts are certainly pushing with United and Arsenal when it comes to keeping the thumbscrews on the Premier League.

It would be interesting to find out what games City were involved in when ze Germans last rolled out their tired shit?

There is no relationship whatsoever between City and Liverpool because we know all their moves.

Let's not forget when Klopp said our CAS decision was a bad day football - that laid bare Liverpool's conviction of guilt despite the ruling.

I agree that the timing from Der Spiegel is just opportunism. Releasing the story this week provides more impact (and revenue) for them. But I am still intrigued at who leaked the details of the PL probe. There may be nothing new in the claims but it's the first time anyone has spelled them out fully so DS must have had a steer. That could only have come from someone senior at the PL.

I agree that the timing from Der Spiegel is just opportunism. Releasing the story this week provides more impact (and revenue) for them. But I am still intrigued at who leaked the details of the PL probe. There may be nothing new in the claims but it's the first time anyone has spelled them out fully so DS must have had a steer. That could only have come from someone senior at the PL.
Unless I've missed something, there's nothing new in these allegations, so nothing needs to have been leaked?

I think City's best strategy should be the same one used in the UEFA probe. Given that details have been leaked from the PL inquiry to Der Spiegel, apparently in direct contravention of a judge's comments and non disclosure agreements agreed by both sets of lawyers, the PL probe is now dead in the water. (It was dead from the beginning because there is no evidence).
The entire process has been totally undermined and there is no reason why City should waste any more time "co-operating" with the dishonest brokers at the PL. Personally I believe someone from the PL leaked it deliberately (probably at one of the recent Qatar World Cup draw jollies) because they want their own probe to collapse. I believe that's precisely what UEFA did to get them off the hook wth their own flawed FFP probe. Under these circumstances City should just play the waiting game.
What makes you think any details were leaked by the PL to Der Shite?

i wouldn’t recognise Stone if I fell over him but if he does attend and someone can pinpoint him, I would be happy to twat the ****. I always assume this pond life is in the media section on CB L1, I hope someone finds him him and twats him.

All this talk makes me thing that the PL are about to drop the case.
Spot-on. Either they drop it or it just collapses. A Judge has already told both sides to "put up or shut up" but I believe it was really the PL she was digging out. This smells likes a re-run of the UEFA case. They leaked info out because they knew the media would "find City guilty" whatever the evidence showed.
No one will take allegations about Mancini's apparent consultancy fee, which allegedly happened three years before FFP was introduced, seriously. The whole thing is dead in the water. The leaking of the story is damage limitation by the PL. I wouldn't be surprised if City are in the loop. Both sides want this to go away especially as the UAE are on the brink of investing £10bn in UK industry. You can be sure the UK Government has been pressing the PL behind the scenes to sort this out quickly. Our economy is fucked we need every penny we can get as a country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.