Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Danny Murphy on Talksport (I actually don't mind him compared to some)
apparently Liverpool only buy 30 to 40 million players and turn them into world class players.......They must have got Van Dyke and Alisson on frees then :).....fits the narrative though !
They are full of shit and it's been relentless all day.

One things for sure, the media have done a world class job convincing people VAR's offsides are 100% factual, without explaining at all how that's true.

Do they have a computer program that automatically detects where the point of an arm that can be used to touch the ball is? As I'd love to know what that program looks like, or even a scientifically 100% accurate diagram of where that line on your arm is. It looks like some bloke just randomly decides to draw lines on a pitch, you even see them moving it manually ffs.

That's before you even get to the obviously not accurate "which frame to use", which we all know isn't perfect.

Yet despite this, the media love to throw out the "offside is offside, there is no debate" line again and again. Weirdly these things seem to always favour one side, probably a massive coincidence though

I think it would be more fair to make it so there must be a gap between forward and defender - not able to discern whether there's a gap should be classed 'on side' - much better for the game imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.