Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 24 hours later and I am still puzzled by the arrogance/ignorance/ pettiness of Carragher to question whether this City could still be considered "great" if they fail to win the Champions League.
Micah seemed a little taken aback and waffled some nonsense about being great "in the context of the league". He tried but unfortunately he wasn't sharp enough.
The correct answer is if this City team cannot be considered great because they have never won the big Europe trophy, then there has never been a great Arsenal side, a great Tottenham side or one from Wolves or Leeds or Everton etc either. Such a notion is clearly nonsense. Nobody in their right mind would make that argument. Yet it gets levelled at City.
It's tiresome that City are held to a standard to which others are not. I like Micah but I really wish we had someone with a bit more of a spikey attitude when confronted by such childishness.
That's currently the go to jibe of bitter know nowts against City. Previously City couldn't be considered a great side unless they won back to back PL titles so they had to change tack. Even a unique domestic treble that even GPC said was impossible to achieve or 100 points in a season and the record number of goals scored in a PL season doesn't appear to have impressed these tossers.

Almost 24 hours later and I am still puzzled by the arrogance/ignorance/ pettiness of Carragher to question whether this City could still be considered "great" if they fail to win the Champions League.
Micah seemed a little taken aback and waffled some nonsense about being great "in the context of the league". He tried but unfortunately he wasn't sharp enough.
The correct answer is if this City team cannot be considered great because they have never won the big Europe trophy, then there has never been a great Arsenal side, a great Tottenham side or one from Wolves or Leeds or Everton etc either. Such a notion is clearly nonsense. Nobody in their right mind would make that argument. Yet it gets levelled at City.
It's tiresome that City are held to a standard to which others are not. I like Micah but I really wish we had someone with a bit more of a spikey attitude when confronted by such childishness.

I agree about Micah - lovely guy, but not sharp enough... but Sky don't want a City pundit that can tell them the truth or point out facts.

That's currently the go to jibe of bitter know nowts against City. Previously City couldn't be considered a great side unless they won back to back PL titles so they had to change tack. Even a unique domestic treble that even GPC said was impossible to achieve or 100 points in a season and the record number of goals scored in a PL season doesn't appear to have impressed these tossers.
Correction, Domestic Quadruple. (in 1 season) :-)

Which is never, ever, mentioned by the Scouse and United loving media, because neither of those clubs have ever done it, and neither have any of their famous managers.

Murphy, “Van Dyke brings down KDB was the right thing to do”.
To be fair, it was the right thing to do - but only because we didn't score from the resultant free kick. So stupid and clumsy but through sheer luck, the correct decision.
What was more grating than Murphy was Martin Tyler spewing some shite about KdB "appreciating" and "respecting" Van Dyke cutting his legs from under him.
The so-called greatest defender in the world was done for and resorted to fouling his man. There's no shame in that. It's happened to Moore, Maldini and McGrath (to name just the M's). The verbal contortions to draw attention away from the fact that, shock and horror, VVD isn't infallible and is a only human footballer after all (albeit a very good footballer, it musy be admitted) is indicative of just how far up Liverpool's arse the media have gone.

And Liverpool will never be a great premier side unless they win back to back premier leagues!

That’s what we were told.

We still don’t get enough credit for what Pep’s side achieved over the two seasons.

We went from being Centurians with a league cup win to winning a domestic treble and amassing 198 points over two seasons.

Pundits said that to be considered great you have to win back-to-back titles because it’s the hardest thing to do in football. We did that smashing numerous records including being the only side to get 100 points, the only side to win a domestic treble and winning one of the closest title races of all time.

I’m not sure if many fans of other clubs actually realise the scale of our success of those two years. In fact, most probably don’t even realise we won a domestic treble.

We still don’t get enough credit for what Pep’s side achieved over the two seasons.

We went from being Centurians with a league cup win to winning a domestic treble and amassing 198 points over two seasons.

Pundits said that to be considered great you have to win back-to-back titles because it’s the hardest thing to do in football. We did that smashing numerous records including being the only side to get 100 points, the only side to win a domestic treble and winning one of the closest title races of all time.

I’m not sure if many fans of other clubs actually realise the scale of our success of those two years. In fact, most probably don’t even realise we won a domestic treble.
Quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.