Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that but some people have give up already. Shocking.

Fanny wipes who read to much media shite.

You have been in this position before and you did what you needed to do in each game, winning the league v Brighton on the last day. 7 wins in a row is easily achievable for you. Its still in your hands

The hostile media has certainly had an impact and made it harder for City to attract fans. The fake message that City are "corrupt" and "have no fans" has damaged our brand. That's why our commercial rivals have spent a decade running a "clear and organised" smear campaign against our club. They want to undermine everything we do.

Our success goes hand in hand with jealousy from the established clubs who can't deal with the real competition and threat to their future success which we have provided in a relatively short space of time.

Our media being mainly reliant upon the clicks from the followers of the " old guard " have little option but to keep up their attack of City at any given opportunity. There are only a handful of media commentators such as Martin Samuel who are prepared to go against the tide and be supportive of the club whilst actually calling out these hypocrites at the same time.

The older lemming like glory hunters are unlikely to be persuaded to change their allegiance ( and quite honestly we don't want the fuckers anyway ) so it may be a good few years of similar success to see the younger numbers of City fans coming through and the dynamics changing.

I do not see things changing for the better very soon, so I intend to ignore most of the shit thrown at us and hopefully see our growth in standing continue to expand.

Hopefully a marquee signing who scores lots of goals will help this to be achieved - and seriously upset the serial mardarses .

I noticed that part way through the Dippers 'n Rags game last night the BBC had a graphic of a horde of Dipper fans holding up scarves. Presumably it was from Saturday at Wembers, but I wonder, partway through our game tonight, if they have a photo taken at the other end that can be headlining our fixture? I'd be very surprised if they have anything - unless Brighton are three up by half time!

Quadruple.
The Four-midables epithet is already being applied to the Dippers before they've even chalked up two! Can't remember any media coverage when we bagged four trophies in a season - domestic clean sweep! But Dipper acolytes in the RDAHMeedya and demented Dippers worldwide will no doubt say that it doesn't count because it doesn't contain Trophy X orTrophy Y! Same old shite!

The Four-midables epithet is already being applied to the Dippers before they've even chalked up two! Can't remember any media coverage when we bagged four trophies in a season - domestic clean sweep! But Dipper acolytes in the RDAHMeedya and demented Dippers worldwide will no doubt say that it doesn't count because it doesn't contain Trophy X orTrophy Y! Same old shite!

Here's how the media try to couch that acheivement in negativity to play down the feat.

Very. But a similar feat has been achieved by an English club before. Just not by a men's team.

The womens game isn't related to the mens game, the attempt to link it is ridiculous.

In fact, prior to City's win at Wembley, England was the only country in the British Isles not to have witnessed a domestic treble from a men's side.

Scottish champions Celtic could even take their domestic treble tally to six by beating Hearts in the Scottish Cup final on 25 May.

Returning to English soil... While a domestic treble has eluded them, Liverpool and Manchester United have both won arguably more highly prized continental trebles.

What the BBC are arguing here is that the achievement of being the very first winners of the English treble in the history of the sport in this country, is not an achievement.

Domestically speaking whilst it is the greatest achievement ever and comparing apples to oranges you throw a dodgy European trophy in there to skew an unrelated opinion.

If there was ever any piece in that infested organisation that should make a Citys fans mind up it's that one.

Here's how the media try to couch that acheivement in negativity to play down the feat.

The womens game isn't related to the mens game, the attempt to link it is ridiculous.

What the BBC are arguing here is that the achievement of being the very first winners of the English treble in the history of the sport in this country, is not an achievement.

Domestically speaking whilst it is the greatest achievement ever and comparing apples to oranges you throw a dodgy European trophy in there to skew an unrelated opinion.

If there was ever any piece in that infested organisation that should make a Citys fans mind up it's that one.

It's only gonna be 'impressive' to the BBC knobheads had it been done by Rags or Dippers!

"Simon Jordan you're a c*nut, Simon Jordan your're a c*nt, Haaland, Haaland.....

Get it f*cking learnt.

We might have to juggle a few English words about as they don't quite fit into the chant.

I think a big factor in our fanbase not increasing as you might expect given our recent success has been down to the unprecedented negative agenda against us.
The fans of our main rivals and their stooges in the media have resorted to levels of bias, and outright hatred occasionally that surpasses anything previously witnessed in English football
Think this is right on the nail, Rabby. Throw enough shit and it does stick. Were City completely exonerated by CAS? Never let a thing like the actual truth get in the way of a poisonous narrative!!

Dirty Leeds were well before my time but I doubt they were as reviled as we are. Which is ironic, considering their dark arts.

The echo claiming how Liverpool could do a quadruple that neither we or the rags have done because of a goal Salah scored last night. 10 players touching the ball, 25 passes and possession for 76 seconds. I presume around 74 seconds were spent waiting for the ball to come back into the atmosphere.

To be honest I think there is some truth in this. Of course we have moved from 40,000 gates to 50,000 gates and we certainly have a large growing audience in the USA. But my impression in the last decade is City's hard-core fanbase has remained (stubbornly?) Mancunian (at least in heritage) and working-class. Our support is more affluent which reflects the growth of Manchester itself but we have not attracted the huge levels of tourists that Chelsea and Arsenal hoovered up during their success. Even on CL nights we get a lot of new younger faces but they are often new residents in Manchester and students. In one sense it is great we have mostly stuck to our roots but long-term we will need more global support.
I remember before Blackburn away in 2000 a guy before the match wavering his City scarf and shouting " all the way from Israel for City ". I thought good on you lad, we were coming to the end of the darkest period of our history and still had fans so far away. Course he may have had rellies in Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.