Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how the media try to couch that acheivement in negativity to play down the feat.

The womens game isn't related to the mens game, the attempt to link it is ridiculous.

What the BBC are arguing here is that the achievement of being the very first winners of the English treble in the history of the sport in this country, is not an achievement.

Domestically speaking whilst it is the greatest achievement ever and comparing apples to oranges you throw a dodgy European trophy in there to skew an unrelated opinion.

If there was ever any piece in that infested organisation that should make a Citys fans mind up it's that one.

Not seen this article before. It's unbelievable really. Comparing the treble in Scotland and linking the women's game, which was non professional till quite recently, is absurd. |Just hate-filled bile.

Not seen this article before. It's unbelievable really. Comparing the treble in Scotland and linking the women's game, which was non professional till quite recently, is absurd. |Just hate-filled bile.
All those words about City's success but hardly a compllmentary word amongst them all.
How nice would it be to address the usual sycophantic suspects on the Lord Reith lecture on the subject of lack of objectivity and professionalism in BBC Sport.

Think this is right on the nail, Rabby. Throw enough shit and it does stick. Were City completely exonerated by CAS? Never let a thing like the actual truth get in the way of a poisonous narrative!!

Dirty Leeds were well before my time but I doubt they were as reviled as we are. Which is ironic, considering their dark arts.
Revie was certainly reviled by the press...especially when he went to work for the United Arab Emirates. In those days the media was overtly racist unlike the more nuanced approach these days.

Murphy says the same thing every season.

Trying to convince himself and the Liverpool Cult that neutral fans want Liverpool to win the title instead if City.

F688-EB50-1357-4-A00-A40-F-7-BEE923-B4-D1-E.jpg
He could be right.
i don’t know any Neutrals though.
People either support Liverpool or hate them.

Our fan base is definitely increasing,I meant not to the levels you might expect given our incredible success.
I think this just looking around at the matches. We had a bit of a silver fanbase who had hung in from the 60s and 70s but definitely noticed a much younger look to the fans since say post Covid. Can only see this increasing.

Bit of a joke that 5 Live has Arsenal Chelsea as main commentary and 5 Live Sports extra has Everton Leicester
BBC radio Manchester not available in my area once the match starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.