Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this just looking around at the matches. We had a bit of a silver fanbase who had hung in from the 60s and 70s but definitely noticed a much younger look to the fans since say post Covid. Can only see this increasing.
If we keep our standards up, it is just a matter of time: 10, 20, 30 years.
Apart from anything else, the fans from the sixties will …….er…….die. I won’t be supporting City in 2030!
Think of the 10 year old who supported Bobby Mancs team, he will be 20 now and procreating soon.
The future is bright and blue.

Last edited:
Do the media know we played last night & returned to the top. I’m hearing more about Everton’s & arsenal win last night

If we keep our standards up, it is just a matter of time: 10, 20, 30 years.
Apart from anything else, the fans from the sixties will …….er…….die. I won’t be supporting City in 2030!
Think of the 10 year old who supported Bobby Mancs team, he will be 20 now and procreating soon.
The future is bright and blue.
"Go forth and multiply"!!
(Genesis 9:7).

In the few media reports I can find about last nights win, it seems we were fortuitous, (their big word not mine) Deflections it seems don't count as real goals.
I would have thought that 11 players stood in their own penalty area increases the risk of a deflected goal and invites a player to shoot. They don't.

Last edited:
"City desperate to keep up with Liverpool"

Talkshite sports headline.

If the quad squad fail to win another trophy this season the media will paint them as winners just for their effort.

ImperfectInsistentKillifish-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: mat
Do the media know we played last night & returned to the top. I’m hearing more about Everton’s & arsenal win last night
Yeah. I checked to see whether we had equal coverage compared to what the Murky Redshite had on their matchday from the BBC. Nothing like. The top billing was not the team with the chance to go top, the current PL champions, no, they plumped for CFC v The Arse, and then it was EFC.

James Ducker, the silly, er, Northern Football Wallah from the DT, does actually mention the deflections as 'hard-earned luck'! Very true, but do you ever hear that a defender who deflects a goal bound shot over the bar, round the post, as 'lucky'! Nope, it's labelled as resolute defending. But the one thing that a team in almost total defensive mode cannot control is a deflection. Deflections, and certainly the two last night, are the product of constant attacking. Attackers can miss the target and make a mistake, but defenders cannot afford to make mistakes, and they have to be there where it matters. On two occasions last night they were just a tad short of being where they should have been.

I just watched Foden's goal on the OS highlights and every Brighton defender was inside their own area. Two raced out to make the challenge but still plenty of knee caps, heels, and ankle bones ready to take a deflection, and that's the way it was! It's defenders who are the lucky ones much more so than attackers.

My sister was ill today and rang me to say she wouldn’t make the match, we’re Colin Bell L2 so not cheap seats. She said just let someone have the ticket for a tenner which I did. Game not on TV, why wouldn’t you not want to go? Too many just choosing their games but if you can’t go try and pass on, it’s easy now with the ticket going directly to someone’s wallet on the moby.
Yeah, I had a couple who couldn't go due to COVID and their seats were simply transferred on to others. So easy to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.