Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a secret Echo reader :=)!!!
Aw poor little diddums
“It’s unfair that City can sign unbelievable players such as Haaland…”
Do me a favour and fuck right off back to stacking shelves you scouse reject
Bet it wouldn’t be unfair if the dippers signed him eh!

OLIVER HOLT: Manchester City's complicated pursuit of the Champions League is layered with resentments, jealousies, suspicions and ambivalence... but their dream to be one of football's great powers will not be fulfilled until they capture it​

City fans, and the club hierarchy, have felt victimised by the European game over the years and in some ways, it is hard to blame them. The other members of the winners' club have made it plain since City was bought by Abu Dhabi in 2008 that they do not want them to join. City and their supporters are caught between telling them where to shove their marquee competition and craving the acceptance winning it would bring.

View attachment 41201

I’m going to resist adding to the clicks. Do we have a European game coming up or something?

Haven't read it all but there is some stuff in there that is valid - we do detest the twats. What Holt should know is it's not about winning, or else we wouldn't have gone to games in our droves in the gold old days in the 3rd division.
I'm one of those who is not arsed about winning it really, it won't change my perception of our club.
Ferguson became manager at that place in 1986 and won it in 99. If we won it this year, it's about the same time give or take a year, since the takeover. They had no spending cap, no rules put in place to stop them, no other teams writing letters, teams rolling over in games and giving them their best players.
So you know what ..meh...I have never wanted to be part of their cartel and hear their stupid jingle. All that, might give the scribblers stuff to write about and means they don't have to embarrass themselves writing about the actual game.
Do I come across as bitter?

After pool everton today they play first for next 3 games (then its final weekend). Tv companies putting the pressure on over final weeks of the season

After pool everton today they play first for next 3 games (then its final weekend). Tv companies putting the pressure on over final weeks of the season

There is the Wolves game to be rearranged they have a fixture to be moved due to the fa cup final. I bet they will schedule it in between the Villa and West Ham game rather than the week before so we don’t get an opportunity to put more points on the board whilst they ain’t playing.

OLIVER HOLT: Manchester City's complicated pursuit of the Champions League is layered with resentments, jealousies, suspicions and ambivalence... but their dream to be one of football's great powers will not be fulfilled until they capture it​

City fans, and the club hierarchy, have felt victimised by the European game over the years and in some ways, it is hard to blame them. The other members of the winners' club have made it plain since City was bought by Abu Dhabi in 2008 that they do not want them to join. City and their supporters are caught between telling them where to shove their marquee competition and craving the acceptance winning it would bring.

View attachment 41201

Bought by Abu Dhabi ......... just fuck off.

Haven't read it all but there is some stuff in there that is valid - we do detest the twats. What Holt should know is it's not about winning, or else we wouldn't have gone to games in our droves in the gold old days in the 3rd division.
I'm one of those who is not arsed about winning it really, it won't change my perception of our club.
Ferguson became manager at that place in 1986 and won it in 99. If we won it this year, it's about the same time give or take a year, since the takeover. They had no spending cap, no rules put in place to stop them, no other teams writing letters, teams rolling over in games and giving them their best players.
So you know what ..meh...I have never wanted to be part of their cartel and hear their stupid jingle. All that, might give the scribblers stuff to write about and means they don't have to embarrass themselves writing about the actual game.
Do I come across as bitter?
It's not an unfair article at all in my opinion.
Like you, neither am I arsed about winning the Champions League. The way I see it, even if it happens, it will change nothing.
In the same way that winning the league on goal difference wasn't enough, once upon a time back when they were hoping we'd be a flash in the pan, and then that changed to retaining the league becoming the benchmark, this CL demand is just an invitation to step onto another spiral of idiocy.
As soon as/ if we win the CL, we'll be told we only fluked or bought or stole it or got over the line in one freakishly poor season. If we were to win it even once more, we wouldn't be proving them wrong. Oh no, we'd be "ruining football".

It's a form of madness to expect eventual respect from your serial abusers and be in no doubt that City have largely been disrespected and abused by much (if not, most) of the media.
So fuck them.
Winning the CL would be nice (and nothing more than nice) and I'll get pissed and celebrate. Perhaps not with as much unvridled joy as I did after a certain draw with Gillingham but even so...
There would be pleasure in knowing we have pissed the naysayers off too but that's where it ends for me.
As far as I'm concerned, you start out, every year, dreaming of winning your league. Any other trophy- no matter how much it is desired by others, historied or fabled - is a consolation prize.

What the fuck was Gabby doing yesterday ? These poor hacks had sat in the pub and written the headlines, he was unhappy, leaving in the summer, going to Arsenal ...... and then he goes and scores 4. Worse, celebrates everyone. Has he no respect for Holt, the Dipper Echo, the Wattsapp Wankers ?
I hope Pep has a word.

View attachment 41201

Just the usual bollocks and the false lazy sportswashing narrative. How stupid must you be to think that Sheikh Mansour has bought football clubs across the world, many in impoverished areas, just because he wants to help his country improve its image. Apparently he is not interested in the two billion pounds profit (minimum) he has already made on his investments at MCFC and within Manchester itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.